Infinity vs Kicker

Mr. 2 you
Unregistered guest
Hey, I am looking at getting a set of components for my car, these boards seem to be geared towards younger kids, but maybe you can help an old guy out. I have a pansonic CD receiver (25 RMS) and im looking at the infinity refs $138 and the kicker ks6.2 $110. I am not planning on getting an amp, and ive got a 10" kicker sub (ya, my kids talked me into that one, but it does sound good). Which set would you guys prefer? Thanks for any help/input

Mr. 2 you
Unregistered guest
Hey, I dont know if this will play into any advice, but I listen to hard rock/nu-metal (yes, MuDvAyNe, even when my teenager isnt with me). Also I noticed that the kickers impedence in 4 ohm, while the infinity (6010cs) is 2 ohm. Will that make much a difference with them only being powered by the HU? thanks Again

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 440
most headunits are not 2 ohm stable so if running off the headunit, you wouldn't want to go with those.

mr. 2 you
Unregistered guest
Hey, I just looked and the 6010cs refs are 4 ohm, so I can get them, does anybody have any suggestions on which speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1300
I prefer Infinity, it seems like the majority of their speakers have great clarity-especially over Kicker.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 474
id go with infinity unless you got the expensive ss series

Mr. 2 you
Unregistered guest
Hmm, i have listened to the infinties at two diff places now, I like how they sound, but I still havent been able to find anywhere that has the Kicks in stock, Id really like to listen to them before I finalize the decision. Thanks for all the suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us