Car Audio Help

Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 saturn SL... i just bought an JVC LH810 head unit for it. I only have about $500 to $800 to spend on the rest of the system. Im looking for compantant speakers, some subs, and an amp. If any one could point me in the right direction of what to look for or any specific products in my price range please help? I would Greatly apreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 667
SPeakers: Infinity Perfect 6.1 or Polk MOMO MMC6500. THey are both nice sets, and will both cost around the same if they are bought on eBay.
I have listened to both sets, and they are nicely comparable, I tend to like the Polks more.
They will run around $210.

Amp: With your budget I would suggest a single amp to run your sub and front comp speakers.
SOmething like the ALpine MRV-f545. at 12 volts this amp is rated at 100w X4 @ohms and 300watts bridged. You would be able to power your system at a reasonable price.
This amp will run you about $360 on eBay.

Sub: I would suggest something like an Image Dynamics IDQ10 10" or an Alpine Type R so that you stay in budget. The IDQ10" is a 250 watts RMS sub that will sound good and get a little loud. The Alpine Type R is 500 watts RMS and it will get louder than the IDQ, but it won't sound as good. IDQ10 is a sound quality sub, and the Type R is more driven for spl.
Either of these subs will run you about $140 on eBay.

Wiring: Knukonceptz wiring, get the 4 guage 4 channel kit and you will be set.
About $60 on eBay.

Your grand total is around $770 for a system that will deliver without a lot of dollars.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 675
These prices were including shipping.

Unregistered guest
Thats awsome.. i looked them up and they sound pretty nasty. Thanks a lot man i appreciate it, with out that i would have probnally spent wayyy too much money on a shitty system.
Thanks.

Unregistered guest
If i bought an Clif Designs CDX-10A 1800W Digital Class X Car Amp, from
Overstock.com
would this be a good amp, and would it work with the speakers and subs that was mentioned? If some one help me out ide apreciate it

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 676
I have never heard of that brand so I would stay away from it.

Rule of thumb is a dollar a watt.

Besides, class X isn't that great, if I were you I would stick with the Alpine or look to see if you could get an MTX.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 677
You get what you pay for.

mike09787O2
Unregistered guest
alright.. i was a little hesitant it sounded too good to be true. so the ALpine MRV-f545 will get the job done? for what i know about watts needed this seems a little low, i dont know much about it tho so im probally wrong. fill me in if u can?
thanks man

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 683
100X4 @ 4 ohms would be perfect. The Perfects are rated at 100w RMS and the Polks are rated at 125w RMS. As for the rear channels being bridged will produce 300w RMS at 12 volts. The average car electrical system produces around 13.5 so you will probaby be getting about 400w RMS (my best guess).

Unless you have more money, that would be your best bet because that amp alone would be able to run your entire system.

Also, if I were you I would get a Type R as it would be able to handle the power, and the IDQ may not be able to.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 684
If you need an amp with more power for around the same amount look at the Kicker 800.4

Unregistered guest
hey, i couldnt find many kicker 800.4 on ebay but would an MTX MXA6004 600 Watts 4 Channel amp be a good buy with that system? Im lookin at higher amp watts becouse im thinkin about gettin 2 of those Dynamics IDQ10 10" or 2 alpine type R's but im leaning on the dynamics just becouse ive heard more about them.. or maybe gettin 12's depending on the differnces... and im wondering what to put in the rear 2 speakers after i buy the perfects.. i know some people said leave it empty but i wanna make sure that thiers good noise to impress the back riders...
what do u think?.. Any suggestions?
Thanks alot bro

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 688
With your front components getting 100w RMS, your back passengers will be able to hear just fine. Unless you have a Suburban or something like that.

That MTX amp would be less effective than the Alpine.

If you want to get serious about your system, and I suggest that you do, you'll look into getting two amps. A 2 channel dedicated to your front comps and a mono block dedicated to your sub/s.

A class a/b for your mids and highs and class d for your sub would be perfect.

Search on eBay, you may be able to find 2 amps that fit the bill and cost the same as a comparable 4 channel.

Unregistered guest
hey david, im definitly intersted in buying two amps for it.. i went on Ebay and found a bunch cheap but i doubt the brands any good. Any sugestions on what to look for when buyin two amps for that system?
You already helped me out a ton, Thanks

Unregistered guest
Ok here's what i found.. a two Channel Audiobahn A2002T(200watt RMS)amp for $75, an Audiobahn A6005DN(300watt RMS)Mono Amp for $160, and i dunno if these will work or the quality of them but a set of Audiobahn AMD50.25 Mid Bass Drivers(150watts RMS) for $25.
These with the previous mentioned,a single image Dynamics IDQ10 10" sub and the kappa perfect coponants. Any one that could help me out, If that sounds like a solid system, or if i should change some stuff?
I apreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 257
Audiobahn makes okay amps and subs for the money but dont buy there Mid Bass drivers.

Unregistered guest
How about Power Acoustik amps..?

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 715
MTX, Kicker, JBL are all reasonably priced amps.

I like MTX myself as I will be using one to power my Polk MOMO comps. I got it for less than $120 on eBay and it gives 90w RMS to each speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us