Need Help With 1200 Watt Amp And Three 10" Subs

Username: Clarkystyle22

Post Number: 1
I took my alero to circuit city today and wanted to get my old school 1200 watt profile california series amp hooked up to two old 10" profile subs and a 10" mtx sub, but when i picked it up only the two profile subs were hooked up and one of them was hitting way harder than the other...can anyone tell me if you can hook this amp up to these three subs...should i call em up and have em redo my setup or what i have no idea about all this car audio stuff any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 131
Well i'm not too expierenced at car audio myself but i don't think you should be hooking up different subs together.

allende5
Unregistered guest
Well, it definately sounds like they're wired oddly. It doesn't seem like a good idea to have them wired together on the same amp.

Give us the models of your subs and/or the specs if you have them.

We can tell you how to wire only the two profile subs or if the one MTX is better, we can tell you how to wire the MTX by itself.

Username: Clarkystyle22

Post Number: 2
I don't really know the models or specs right off hand I guess I can try and check it out tomorrow I was just a little worried that Circuit City screwed me over I mean they did run the wiring and mount the amp and everything, but he was talking about being able to hook up all three, however he would have to take this sub and that sub and knock em down to 4 omhs and then this one to 8 omhs in order for the amp to push all three subs and it was all over my head anyways i'll try and get those specs or models tomorrow and appreciate the replys greatly...i'm curious why the circuit city installation guy acted like he could hook the three subs up to the amp...if you could give me some more input on whether this amp would work for all three or why not to I would appreciate that as well if not its cool i'll just try and get these specs thanks alot again...you guys are great!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us