Pioneer DD

Bronze Member
Username: Mlongpre

Post Number: 25
hey y'all, i wanted to know if anyone had any experience with double din recievers, specifically the FH-P4200MP pioneer one. Im looking into it because of the aac playback compatibility with my itunes music (most of it is in aac format). I am also looking into it because it has compatibilty for the ipod hook up device they sell (which is a must for me). And double din would fit very nicely in my 3000gt double din radio slot. Any others you could recommend or opinions on anything?

2076_4043_152869141%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/deta il/0,,2076_4043_152869141,00.html

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 98
You dont need a double din unit like that one to play AAC. If you have an Ipod adaptor you can play them with your pod.
The AAC support is for reading a CD-R with AAC instead of MP3.
The Ipod adaptors put out analog to the HU.

My Pioneer 860 plays my 192 bit (from the pod)AAC's just fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
i know that it means aac from a cd. but i also want to be able to hook my ipod up and play it throuhg the stereo. i really like the idea of the double din, instead of the single because it fits the hole right. what do you mean by "The Ipod adaptors put out analog to the HU"? thanks again for your time

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 99
What I mean is just that. Analog(music or sound humans understand). MP3, AAC, Lossless, AIFF and WAV are all digital and need a Digital to Analog coverter. Every CD player and Mp3/Ipod has one. The D2A needed the be programed (at hardware level) to
decode the digital music formats. Older cd players can only do CD(aiff), later one can do Mp3 and Wav. and now a few have AAC.
If your useing an Ipod adaptor, the Ipod does all the coversion to analog(music). No HU maker is useing the digtal out of an Ipod(if it even has one?) but it would improve SQ if they did, it would also take a rework of there current HU's. And that would be costly! As it stands now, The Ipod converts to analog than the HU coverts back to digital, does whatever prossesing needed(EQ, X-over, time aline...ect.) than coverts back to analog and out to your amp. If you big concern is with SQ? than only use AIFF CD's.
My ears are shot so AAC at 192 sound fine to me. I can hear the differance between CD and Mp3/AAC but dont care when it comes down to having a bunch of CD(to get stolen) or have every album I've ever owned on the Ipod(and it wont get stolen in my pocket).

I hope this helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 78
Get a AVIC-D1 its the bomb.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
yeah i would if i had that kind of money...

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 82
True.I bought 4 brand new never been out of the box.Sold them to people around me and made 600dollars a pop. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
ao anyone else with any opinions on this pioneer double din reciever?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
glass, you got any opinions on this deck? or should i go towards the DEH-P770MP, although i dont like the look of it as much. the other thing i don;t like too much about the double din one is that it only has two preout and they are rated at 2V...is that enough? I read somewhere you said to look for 4V preouts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us