$#%*ing Pioneer faceplate!!!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1377
hi,

I have a Pioneer DEH-P3500 head unit and recently one of the little plastic clips on the back of the faceplate broke off, so now I can't get the faceplate to sit against the unit, it's attached but flipped over so I can't see the display or use the controls unless I flip it back up and hold it pressed against the main unit.

No loss of functionality just a friggin' pain in the @ss!

Anybody know of a cheaper home-rigged solution? Pioneer shops want upwards of $100 for a new faceplate, eBay sellers are around $60-70. And the darn HU only cost about $160 to begin with, so I'd feel really dumb forking out that much more money just because of one tiny little piece of fragment breaking off.

Never again will I every buy a detachable-faceplate HU!

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 70
Considering generally radios now have detachable faces LOL!

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 632
try gluing or taping the faceplate onto the deck..thatll hold it but you wont be able to remove the faceplate so i hope you dont live in a "non-secure" neighborhood
hey man u asked for a home rigged solution LOL :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 150
also, if you still have the broken piece simply glue it back on with plastic cement or something.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 639
fine Aaron take the ghettoness away lol

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1380
I may try QuickShot's solution first, but you could say I don't have that much faith in superglue...

Have already tried duct tape, ugly as sin and I still have to manually press the faceplate into the main unit in order to connect the circuits and operate the darn thing.

I'm going to be getting a Viper alarm installed in the next month or so, so once the darn thing is attached and working I'll never take it back off ever again!

Hell I'm tempted to take my trusty little Makita impact driver and put a screw straight through both faceplate and main unit. That's if I wanted a better excuse to purchase a totally new HU of course, lol!

BTW, what's a good $200-300 HU that'll give me SIGNIFICANTLY better sound than this Pioneer anyways? I have a PPI PCX-480 amp, with 80x2 into Polk component speakers and 250W into a sub. Or should I ask, *can* a better HU really produce SIGNFICANTLY better sound over a midline Pioneer like that? I've heard good things about Eclipse and Clarion but haven't really looked into them yet, would they be anywhere in that price range?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1207
"what's a good $200-300 HU... I've heard good things about Eclipse and Clarion"

Clarion DXZ945MP. Check ebay...

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 152
lol quickshot, heh hey edster i didnt mean superglue sorry I should have mentioned before but you can try the 527 model cement glue. That works alot better on plastics then superglue also you could try 2 ton epoxy at your local hardware store. It worked fixing my door armrest where the plastic had broken underneath. just a thought :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us