I'm looking into Focal components, where the hang do I start?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3309
I'm starting to look into components, which I need very badly, and I've narrowed it down to Focals, it's one of the few higher end component brands that I've actually heard, and they seem a little more affordable than say, Dynaudio. My only problem is that there's a million different Focal component sets, so I have no idea where to even start. My price range is about $350 and under, and I'll need to order from an authorized internet dealer, as the closest focal dealer in my area is like 2 hours away.

Bronze Member
Username: Firlefanz

Post Number: 34
I assume that you look for a 2 way.

You might get along with Focal 165 K2P, 165 KP or 165 KF. KF Its a littler lower than KP cause the use the TN 47 tweeter instead of TN 52.
KP is older and offers a little less output than K2P. But hey K2P really kicks it.

Ask your dealer for a quote because Focal is running up the 165 KF as new modell.

Concernig the bugdet I would stick with KP, or if the difference is not to big go for K2P.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3322
Thanks man I'll look into the ones you mentioned.

Yes though, I want a 2 way set, something with some power, so their not drowned out by my sub, and I'd rather have a somewhat harsher tweeter, not too soft sounding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us