Q Logic Kick Panel Enclosures

Anonymous

I have a 6 1/2" Infinity Reference Component system in a 93 Toyota Camry. The problem is the imaging is bad because of the speaker location, the bass is lost when I lean back, however, If I lean forward toward the speakers they sound ten times better. When I'm leaned back, the lower frequencies (500 khz and below) lack a lot. I was wondering, do you think they will fit in Q logic kick panel enclosures? Also, can I expect much better sound out of them. Last question, will mounting the tweeters in the panels sound better or worse than the bottom of the pillar? Any help is appreciated.

Username: Robforton

SpangdahlemGermany

Post Number: 5
Actually I'm in the process of trying some out myself. Their site says that it will only hold up to a 6 1/8" speaker and up to a 2" tweeter. Anyway I'd say that you would lose some bass using the kick panels. I'd recommend installing a seperate mid-bass driver or sub in the door or have someone make a custom glass housing for the door that directs the 6 1/2" up at you.

As for the tweets, I'd keep them up at the pillar or top of the door.

Hope this helps, Rob.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 248
Yeah, have a midbass (61/2) mounted in the door, and then you could mount a 5 1/4 and tweeter in the kickpanels. This should sound good, and provide a good high centered soundstage. Oh Yeah, use a high pass x-over on the midbass around 500hz to only allow the midbass to reproduce the notch frequencies, and to not lower the high soundstage.

Anonymous

Well, I'd prefer kicks, but If there wouldn't be much of a difference between the two, I could make an enclosure to take the place of the speaker cover in the door and angle them better, possibly make it of MDF and cover it w/ the same type vinyl that the doors are made of, what do you think That will image like? that way when I eventually sell the car I can take those out real quick and put the old covers on.

Username: Robforton

SpangdahlemGermany

Post Number: 6
Sounds fine. I like the kicks now, I'm running 5.25"s in the kicks, tweets at the top of the door, and 6" subs in the doors. Sounds much better than the 6.5"s I had in the doors originally. The problem was imaging also, my leg just blocked too much sound. Plus I didn't really care for all the bass coming from the rear. Now I've moved the 6.5s" to the rear doors and the whole cab sounds nice. Only problem is the subs sounding a little funky cause they are just mounted to the doors, using the whole door for it's air space. That'll get fixed when I get the switch to Focals this summer. Also, one thing to keep in mind with the kicks, you lose some leg/foot room. I'm kind of a big guy and space was already a little tight in my Jeep, now it's really tight, can't stretch my left leg out at all.

Anyway, I'd try out the enclosure first. It will be cheaper than getting the kicks, which won't fit your 6.5"s anyway, and adding some midbass.

Hope this helps, Rob.

this aint mah name
Unregistered guest
im not gunna worry about bass when i get the kicks cuz im getting two audiobahn 12" soud q aluminums.. can anyone say 1000+ watts

Bronze Member
Username: Nme

Post Number: 21
audiobahn is trash. Go with kicker or JL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us