Bang for my $... RF 501bd for $150 shipped?

Username: Homsardude

Post Number: 9
It seems that this is an older Rockford Fosgate which I have heard is good. If I can get a used one for $150 shipped should I go for it? Or is there something else that is a better value? I plan on pushing an Alpine SWR-1042d which is 500W RMS (250W X2) and they seem to match up nicely. Thoughts are much appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 382
i used the 1501bd to power 2 12" kickers...it knocks with good sound quality...excellent amp...only downfall, is that they are power hungry (draw lots of current)...but that won't be your problem because it will only be 325 watts rms or so (rated at 650+ on birthsheet)...You will be giving them less than RMS just so you know...It's a good deal, and great amp, but maybe not the best amp to match to your subs...If you can, track down a 1001bd on ebay...that would be a perfect match at 500 rms.

Post Number: 10
Running at 2 ohms it is supposedly 500W, at least that's what it says on:

http://www.carreview.com/mfr/rockford-fosgate/amplifiers/PRD_154706_1806crx.aspx

A few other sites confirm this information.

Would the 1001bd be a better choice anyway?

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
500 max...250 rms...I owned one...companies play with numbers a lot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ahhhh...thanks for clearing that up. I thought it sounded too good to be true. I checked out the 1001bd but it's more expensive than I can afford atm. I'll keep looking for a good deal then.

Any suggestions on a 500W RMS @ 2 ohm amp that has an attractive price tag?

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
go to sounddomain.com....they have some great amps, but mostly decent budget amps...check them out and see what you find...then do a search on ebay for the lowest price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Invictuz

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 130
Jordan: i have four RF 301m and two RF 301s ams and they are strong. i had a 501 for awhile pushing two 10s very nicely but could not find three more to match as part of a set of four (one for each sub).

I currently have an Orion 2500d (2500w RMS) pushing my four subs but am seriously considering going back to my 301m if i can find two more (i am installing another two subs for a total of six 10s)

My experience has been that the Rockford Fosgates 301, 451, and 501 series amps are spectacular for anything in MSRP or under range...so at 150$ delivered it is a great deal!

This is what a RF 301s 75w RMS did to a 90w RMS Infinity 1001t reference tweeter :

Upload
image/bmpUpload
FrydTweeter.JPG (45.8 k)

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us