Do i need an alternator

Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 5
i will have a rf power 850 for my subs with a 1 farad capaciter and Soundstream Xstream 480.4 pushing my highs and mids. i once had a rf punch 800.4 and a rf punch 200.4 with same cap and speakers. amps were stolen, but anyways i had no problem with them. no lights dimming or anything. if i do need an alt then i see on ebay there is a 130a instead of 90
http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/82/d0/7b_1_b.JPG
is this what i'm looking for. obviously if it's not needed then i would like not to have to buy it. thanks for your help.....

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8640
try the system first
if voltage rails sag, or lights dim, then yes you need a bigger alternator.

Bronze Member
Username: Erreertt

Post Number: 23
hey i got 2 12" kicker L7's and the 2000Watt american legacy amp aint doin $hit so im gonna get a kicker i guess 1500Watt or 1000Watt wat do u suggest
and im done with runnin a cap becuz it backfed and cost me every electrical sensor and computer in my car yea that sucked!
so im gonna get a battery instead becuz my voltage meter does a lil dance every time it hits so how do i do this do i hook that same battery up to my original alternator or do i buy a bigger one to power both batterys or do i buy a seperate one im kinda confused on wat to do

Bronze Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 34
I dont think it really is needed, i have my stock audio installed (only the 2 front speakers) and my headunit and if I turn it up (in the night) i could see the internal light dimming (it's not too noticeable, but it does).

and my alt is 70 amp., maybe it's because the battery is about to die

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
lol img ettin another 2000Watt american legacy becuz i hooked one up to it and its killer so with doulbe the juice it has now im gonna need an extra battery

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
so each L7 will have its own amp to power it bridged just one sub on it its way better it hits so much more than both of them on it

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9013

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us