Sounless mystery

Username: No_ka_oi_brah

St Augustine, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Greetings forum. I'm a newbie 'round here, so thanks in advance for whatever attention
you can give my problem. I got a used Pioneer DEH-P3000 with the DFS alarm function.
The factory Pioneer harness is in place. My vehicle is a '90 F350. I replaced the
existing working Aiwa head unit with the pretty DEH. I'm confident that all is wired
correctly, although strangely enough, the P3000's PDF manuals are missing from the
Pioneer site (anyone got one?). Anyway, unit powers up, discs play, setup functions
and all work great, but no sound. All speakers are the existing that were operational
with the Aiwa. Is there some kind of security reset or something?
Any Ideas, oh wise ones?

Oh by the way, my user name, no-ka-oi brah loosely translates "none better my friend"
in Hawaiin pidgeon english.

Again, thanks.

Chris

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 51
Does the truck have powered speakers? If it does, you need to connect the amp power on lead.

That's all that I can really think of, off of the top of my head.

Also, the DEH-P3100 manual may cover the DEH-P3000 as well. It wouldn't hurt to download it and look.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 289
Chris, I hate to break it to you, but you'll probably have to rewire your speakers. Before you do this though, check the outputs from your new HU with a multimeter or a test speaker if you have one available. If you get no reading, you have a blown output chip in the Pioneer. My guess is that the Pioneer is fine, but you have an amp somewhere down the line that you're not aware of. what kind of car do you have?

Bronze Member
Username: Cowtipper

Post Number: 12
do what ehostler says first, i went though 2 HU think it was the HU messing up before i decided to start touching wires together and my amp turn-on wire with my 12 v power wire is connected to the power wire of the HU, works great now!

Username: No_ka_oi_brah

St Augustine, FL USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for all the replies! the vehicle is a '90 F350 diesel crew dually, what my friend calls a "carny truck". There may be a factory amp, still researching...

Bronze Member
Username: Cowtipper

Post Number: 13
just try what i said, worse it could do it blow a fuse
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us