Head Unit

Anonymous

How do I get my factory 05 Mustang head unit out. I need to hook up a remote turn on, where is that on my radio?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1178
Factory headunits do not have remote turn on leads, you'll have to substitute. I believe you can tap into the ignition wire or possibly a fuse in the fuse block.

As for taking it out, you can buy the clips to take it out, make your own clips, or just wedge two flathead screwdrivers in on either side and pull it out that way.

Anonymous

Do you have any idea which fuse it would be on the fuse block?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
One that puts out power only when the car is on...you should be able to find the ignition fuse for your stereo through the block. I would recommend using that one.

Anonymous

How am I supposed to find it? They all look the same.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
It's in your owner's manual.

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 23
or if you can find one marked ACC would work.

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 29
Anonymous,

Please consider having this done by someone familiar with the wiring of your car.

Based on the preceeding posts, you're opening a bigger can of worms than I think you can handle. Just see the thread about the guy frying his HU because power was not disconnected/turned off when hooking up rca's..

Anonymous

I know how to do everything now except for the RCAs. How do I hook the adapter up to my rear speakers? Which wire goes to which? I have the Tsunami RCA adapter. Also what are ohms? I have this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-j4KEzVWLxth/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=530&I=142FDMUS05
Would I have to run my system through 4-ohms? How do I do that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Ohms are units used for resistive and reactive loads.

Link to your adapter?

Anonymous

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Tsunami-RCA-Line-Output-Converter-FLLOC600-/sem/r psm/oid/89601/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Anonymous

This is my amp by the way...
http://www.teptronics.com/la1990.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I'm confused by what you're trying to do.

Are you trying to convert the rear speaker level output to line level (rca) output [so you can provide signal for your sub] while still maintaining rear speaker level output?

I suppose the adapter could be placed in parallel with your speakers (+ to +, - to - for each channel). That may do weird things to the impedance for the HU however. (I assume this adapter provides a thevenin equivalent of 4 ohms, so having it in parallel would make your HU see a 2 ohm load (assuming your rear speakers are 4 ohms).

What exactly are you trying to do. All the details of what you're trying to accomplish really should be in your opening post. Including links to what you have or are considering getting.

You get a beter answer when we know what you're working with.

Also, consider getting an account on here. I'm not too keen on spending time typing up detailed answers to someone named "Anonymous"...

Anonymous

Nevermind. This is too much bullcrap to handle. I'm just gonna go to Circuit City and them have them hook it up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
LOL... what I said 6 or 7 posts ago..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us