3-way component system.......part two

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 143
Is it possible to cobble together a 3-way component system using my existing A/D/S 2-way's with a new crossover perhaps from CDT like the ES/HD 300 3 way xover http://www.cdtaudio.com/satnet456-642.htm .
I would like to run 8" midbass drivers in the doors but I dont know what drivers to look at. I have read alot about the quality of morel but arnt those 8 ohm speakers? I would like to stick to 4 ohm drivers is possible. what about the Adire koda 8"s? Are they still around? would it be just as good and easier to put the midbass drives in the doors and just put a low pass filter(14 or 16 awg air core inductor right?) at 300 hz on them them wire them in parallel with my a/d/s components? Trying to do whats best in an economically friendly way. Thank you

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
bump

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 391
the koda 8's aren't around anymore. I emailed adire to see if they were available and they aren't...they now only have the extremis(smaller driver midbass)...if you have money, phoenix gold makes good components...try the 951 ti elite series.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4324
Morel makes raw 4 ohm drivers, look at the Elate car drivers. Very good stuff, no 8" though, they have a 6" and a 9". Top notch drivers, I've been considering them for my next buildup.

There are many options for the crossover, cheapest route would be to build your own. How many components you need for it will depend on the slope you're going for. Plenty of options. Other option is to get an active crossover (not terribly priced), in which you can try many configurations for all the drivers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
thenks for the info Jonathan, if i wanted to add say the morel elate 6 or the 9" midbass to my existing a/d/s components then what active crossover would you recommend? I dont mean to sound stupid but how would I wire all this together? would I ditch the a/d/s passive crossover?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4326
Active requires dedicated amplifier channels to power. If you only have two channels, passive is your only choice. Sorry, forgot to mention that in my first post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us