Very Short review of the Mtube8 line driver.

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 93
Ok, I've had this thing installed for close to a week and heres what I think. First off, the build quality is as poor as I've seen! The sound Quality is as good as I've heard(maybe the best!). This Line drive uses two 6922 type tubes, has two inputs(cd & line) and will output
front and rear with a sub from either input. It has a low pass x-over but no high pass(stupid,stupid,stupid.) You can however run the first input thru one tube than out one output, than run the other thru the second tube and second output. I have a two amp setup so I was able to make use of this line drive without useing it low SQ x-over. If I had a three way setup, I could not use the x-over in my HU and the end result would be bad, because my fronts would run full range but the sub would get crossed. Its a real shame that SoundStream made this oversight!
This could of been a much more usefull product if done right.
As it is now, the two groups that would get the most form this product would be people that own an older HU with a single set of rca's out that need to push more than one amp and feed a sub. And the tweakers like myself that love a tube sound.
Dealer cost is $132. and I think msrp is like $219.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
One more thing, if anyone wants one of these? I can get more and ship one to you for $140.

Benny.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 617
hey benny. i was looking at getting one of these quite a while ago. i ended up getting an audio control hpx instead. hated it. traded it. could have used your review sooner.
i do music production and own a tube mp mic preamp. love the sound. all warm and corny.

here is a link of the thread i started on another forum regarding the unit for those interested.
you have to cut and paste the link though.
http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=023378

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Hi Mike, So far(about 2 or 3 weeks now)the sound is outstanding. When I listen to some old Boston, the gutars sound like honey pouring out of the speakers! I've had two friends that are not into hi-fi at all say, hey man, did you change something? it sounds really smooth! This thing is the best $140. I ever spent on the system.
I notice your running VGA amps, are you happy with them? I got got a baby 4 ch in the mail today! I'm doing a system for a friend and he wanted good SQ. Got a great deal on Ebay, $180.shipped! I love the VGA's in my truck. I'm sad SS has gone to sh*t! I was at my jobber's warehouse last week and got my hands on a Tarantula 4 ch, what a disapointment!! total crap!

Ben.

here's a pic of the VGA(last of the best)

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 621
last of the best indeed. wondered why they would let these things go for so cheap on eby. so i bought first and figured it out later that they were discontinuing the line. oh well.
but yes, i couldn't be more pleased. they push my iridiums to the fullest with the cleanest signal throughout. i intentionally overpowered the drivers by 50% each and actively crossed them to ensure the purest sound possible.
bliss
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us