4 channel

Username: Jron

Post Number: 1
I have some kenwood component speakers that run at 50rms, for the rear pioneers that run at 40rms. I was just wondering if getting a 4 channel amp say an Alpine F240 would make a significant difference in say versus just running a 201S (already own) 2-channel amp 50rmsX2 @ 4 ohms for the component speakers and let the rear ones run off the hu. any input would be appreciated. peace.

Post Number: 3
another thing some guy at best buy said that someway with the alpine f-240 said that I could arrange the amp so that each component speaker is receiving 50rms a piece while the pioneers are receiving 40rms a piece, I was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me about this.cause I always thought that 40X4rms@4ohms was the end of story,with front and rear deck speakers, subwoofers not included. peace.

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 85
the guy from best buy is right but your speaker component have to be wire at 2ohms so F240 will push out 50x4 @2ohms. You have to check with the speaker manual or manufactor that if your speaker can be wire at 2ohm.
About use both low/high level output for your front and rear speaker, I had never tried this before. But imo, running both of your front/rear on Alpine F240 will be sound better.

Post Number: 4
yeah winn, i personally have not heard of wiring components in a 2ohm fashion. but this guy was basically saying 2 ohm in front 4 ohm in back which i do not think is possible.kind of like running it at 50X2@ 2 ohms and 40X2 @ 4 ohms, did not get it. Another question should the pass be set at low pass for both front and rear or high pass for front and low pass for rear or what? I have never dealt with components so I haven't a clue. I do know they have a crossover, any advice would be appreciated.

Post Number: 5
or 100x1 @2 ohms and 40x2 @4 ohms something like that?

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 86
so, forget about loading your amp at 2ohm, since you run both front/rear components.
Highpass/Lowpass is the built-in crossover on the amp. With the components, technically, you don't need to use this feature, if you can turn both OFF or set it as Full-range, because the passive crossover on the component will filter it out. Or you can do is set the Front/highpass and Rear/Lowpass then choose which one you like most.

100x1 @ 2ohms is mono load, usually setup for sub.

Post Number: 8
thanks for the advice winn. Im sure running it at 40x4 @ 4 ohms would sound kosher anyways, I'll look into the high and low pass filter stuff though. thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us