Should i put 6.5 Midbass's in front or INfinity Perfects?

Bronze Member
Username: Tweek52

Post Number: 22
Just wondering what the difference is, will the mid bass only have bass, like a mini subwoofer, if that is the case would i need both?. What about putting a set of midbasses in the back seat of my accord would they act like subs

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_allen

Post Number: 12
Infinity Kappa Perfect are component speakers that have the midbass and tweeter separated. You would install both. You will need a tweeter upfront for imaging and sq. If you want to use just midbass speakers, then they should go in the rear for filler, between you front speakers and your subs. I would definitely not recommend putting just midbass speaker in the front without a tweeter. You will lose some sound in the music as well. Hope this helps.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 245
Tweel, I'd say go with a full range component set up front (midbass, tweet, and crossover) and midbass wired mono in the back with a LP crossover frequency set pretty low. You want all your hi's to be generated up front for the best sound stage. Optimally, you wouldn't even have back speakers except for the lowest bass frequencies which are non-directional (aka will not shift your soundstage to the rear)

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 247
Tweek rather, sorry about the "Tweel" thing, i've been at work too long staring at this sh!tty monitor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us