Amp dilemma

bassMonk
Unregistered guest
Need to drive 2 x Kicker 05cvr dual 2ohms vc (400rms per sub).

Which amp should yield better results if i had the subs in a sealed enclosure? Have read reviews after reviews but still couldn't decide. But have a few in mind: HiFonics, Kicker, ED nine.1, Alpine MRD1005 and JL1000/1 or MTX? Monoblocks preferbably.

Thanks for all ya inputs.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 548
I would say that there really isn't any reason to buy an expensive amp like a JL 1000/1 to run a couple of CVRs, but if you got the money, more power to ya. Anything on that list would be good except the Hifonics. It would be nice to have a Kicker amp to match those subs though...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8523
so you need 800 watts RMS @ 2 ohms mono.
MTX and Kicker both offer good class D amps in that power range. Many companies do really.
Orion, PPI, Directed, eD, JBL
see what fits your budget from companies like those

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 550
Glass, how do you feel about the current PPI products though? You know the ones that look like they are made out of plastic? They look extremely cheap to me. Like this->

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13701

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8528
ah the "spock's coffin" cases.
they are ugly as sin, but they are good, mid-line performance products. not high end, but above entry level.

great for the average joe who wants a nice system without blowing wads of money

bassMonk
Unregistered guest
was looking at ED Nine.1 and must say it looks simple and packs a bunch under it's hood but unfortunately haven't seen many reviews on it tho. What u guys reckon? Any good like in being reliable and clean.

Most of the other amp are too large in size for my trunk. Alpine looks ok in the size dept. too.

Thanks

bassMonk
Unregistered guest
yeah and that ppi looks like an elephant in my trunk.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8597
aww I'm jealous now

I only have the elephant's snout in my trunks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us