Help this complete novice!

Username: The_red_ranger

Post Number: 1
I own a 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager. The van came with the high end Infiniti system for the stereo. I recently replaced the CD player (by Circuit City). My front speakers don't work all of the time (they go in and out with bumps in the road) and one of the rear speakers is not working at all.

I looked at the rear speakers and it appears that they have a special attachment clip to the speakers. How do I replace the speakers now? Can i remove the cross-over? Do I need to take the head unit out and change the wiring there? Someone at Best Buy mentioned that there might be an aplifier that I need to deal with.

I know very little about cross-overs or amplifiers. I understand the principles, but have never installed them before. I'm hoping to not have to.

I'm not looking to make this anything special. I just need the system to work well. Heck, most of the time I'm playing music for my kids!

I've bought new speakers for the front already, but I still need to buy them for the back.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-2700 4x45W output
Front Speakers (purchased): Pioneer TSG1340
Rear Speakers (looking at): Pioneer TS A6985

ANY help is appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8536
take it back to circuit city and get their hack job install fixed by them for free..
or ask for your money back.

they hire bums off the street as installers half the time.. one reason I hate hearing that poor unsuspecting people go there and get ripped off.

Username: The_red_ranger

Post Number: 2
The speakers were broken before I had the HU replaced, and the shop tech warned me of it before he began working. But now I need to replace the speakers. I know it doesn't have to be complicated so i want to do it myself.

I seem to remember that the current speakers have about 3 or 4 wires coming into the wiring harness. Can I just combine all of the positives together for the new speakers. (I am not planning on using a component system.)

In other words, I think that my current system is a component system. How do I put full range speakers on a componenet system?

I'm also assuming that the HU install didn't change the original speaker setup. (Big assumption, I know)

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 80
do 2 of the wir go to the 6.5 and the other 2 go to the tweeter? if so then just cut off the adapter and run the + of the cross over to the + on the speaker and the - of the crossover to the - on the speaker.. or call a dealer and see if they sell adapters? hope that helps

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8556
crutchfield.com
they hae speaker harness adapters for adding aftermarket speakers without cutting out the factory wiring harnesses or plugs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us