SWR 1242D...power handling?

Alpine Question
Unregistered guest
I was looking at these subs...and they are just in my price range. Now what I want to know is, what is the safest maximum wattage that I can feed them? I have heard that they are under rated and can handle much more than the 500 that they are rated for.

Also..I listen to alot of rock music. IE Thrice, Thursday...bands like that. So would this be a good sub for that genre of music? I want something that isn't going to be annoying and vibrate my car, but something that will give me a nice tight punch, and not drown out the music like I hear in alot of systems. Im looking for something that is going to go with it, not turn my car into a bass machine. So what would be a better choice, ported or sealed?

Any input is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 534
its always safe just to stay with the rms ratings.. if u have a good warrenty go for it.. i was just using the R's and there pretty impressive, the sound quality was good and they got pretty loud.. box is up to u .. a ported box will gain on "average" around 3 db's.. but the response wont be as good as a sealed box

confusious
Unregistered guest
what did you run ya Type R's with Mark? U have 2 type R's i presume, no?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us