Did alot of research

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4595
well i did alot of research and ive decided that i want to do two or one sub(s) with a class d amp in the trunk, with 2 midranges near the windsheild on the dash, two tweeters in the front a pillars facing in between the 2 front seats, then 2 coaxils in the bottom of the doors. and possible 2 6 by 9s in the back for surround sound purposes when i put the "mini theater" in my car. So my question for the moment is how would the Focal 165V3E setup sound, this is not including the 6 by 9s and the subs, but how would those be for good sq, are they bright? i have not had the pleasure of hearing them, or is there a better 3 way set for 500 ro less i could look at, also i would like to know if it came with a passive or active cross over.

also does anyone know if there subs have good sq, or what? any i read somewhere for a good surround sound feel in movies in my car i would need center speakers, does anyone think this is neccesary, i could put them in my arm rests of my car

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 695
look into the DLS Iridium 6.3's. I have the 6.2's and they are amazing. They can get really high, and the midbass is strong and accurate. If you look around and find a dealer that will let them go cheap you MIGHT be able to get them around 500 dollars. They go on ebay for 850 so dont even try looking there. I got my comps at 450 from a guy i met through ebay that owns a shop about 7 months ago. He might be willing to let them go for around 600 bucks, but i really dont know. He hasnt been answering too many e-mails lately. If you want his contact info let me know.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 580
i got my DLS iridiums 6.3 for 560.00 on ebay. not nearly as bright as the focals. perfect imo. inbetween dyns and focals (basically speaking). you have to check ebay from time to time.
otherwise i would contact scot buwalda at http://buwaldahybrids.com/ . the coolest, winningest guy around. he has a bunch of highend equip he sells, and prob has some good deals. very forthright.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us