Annoying Head Unit Sound!!

Bronze Member
Username: Tylermoncrief

Post Number: 93
Ok, I sold my Pioneer Head Unit DEH-P860MP
and my friends car they tried to hook it up in

They say it makes annoyin noise. Do you know what it could be.. Since we tried it in 2 different cars...It worked perfect in my car tho. Do you think it could be something they have added in their car to make that noise or what

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 14
Can you define 'annoyin' noise?

Provide a clip perhaps?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
It was making a buzzing noise.

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 15
Without additional details, I'd say what ever he's doing to make it buzz, don't do.

"Doctor, it hurts when I press here... Doctor: Don't press there"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Ok, Um...Yeah!
lol
But anywayz, Do you think its the way the wired it up to the Wiring Harness...Do I have to redo it. One of my buddies is talking about distortion. I dont kno where he got that from

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 237
tyler, we need some more info. For example, does the noise actually come from the head unit or through the speakers. Assuming its the speakers, look for an alternate way to ground the HU that doesn't invlove factory wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 65
If it's a whining noise, and it seems to change when you hit the accelerator, then... youre probably screwed. Some installers messed up one of my pioneer decks by not grounding it correctly, and it managed to somehow mess up every other amp in the car. Long story short, sent it back for warranty repairs, one month later, good as new. Never went back to that installation shop.

I hope that's not the problem, for your sake...

Unregistered guest
it might be a cell phone or any wires that you ran too close to the speakers. either of these will interfere with the signal and piss you off

Silver Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 106
Like most others have said, it's probably interference. That whining noise that comes thru the speakers. How else could it be making "noise"?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us