Hifonics?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 532
Hey guys. My friend is looking at getting some Eclipse subs through me (he doesn't like the internet). And he wants some cheap power. What do you guys think of Hifonics? He's going for SPL (he listens to rap 24/7). I've never owned a Hifonics amp, and am just asking opinions here. Thanks guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5784882526&category=18797

I need about 1500 WRMS. (Almost forgot that part...)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3668
I'd never buy Hifonics amps period. But if you're looking for a cheap power that's better than Sony/Pyramid/Pyle/Lanzar/Boss, then I guess it's acceptable.
I take it back, that amp looks as bad as Pyramid!
If you can get 1000w rms or more from that amp without blowing your sub/amp, then I'll wear a shirt that says Hifonics rule!
Oh it can't be for few seconds. It has to last at least 6 months of use without breaking down.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3683
I completly agree with Isaac it is unreliable cr@p that is so over rated I would be completly surprised if it put out 1/4 its rated power. Thats like buying a ferrari and putting in a 5hp electric motor that only puts out 2hp in it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 533
Aight. What would you recommend for cheap power than? He doesn't care about SQ like I said before. Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1728
One Amp comes to mind when you say cheap power and thats ED NINE.1 for $350 plus shipping ! ! !

Cant beat that for budget amp.

http://edesignaudio.com/category.php?type=amps

1200 x 1 @ 1 ohm

900 x 1 @ 2 ohom

450 x 1 @ 4 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 535
Eh...

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 185
you can get the ed amp off ebay from elemental designs online shop for 300 plus shipping

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
I dunno about Elemental. Glass?

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
Three year warranty though? Jeez...

HifonKicL5
Unregistered guest
What da hell is wrong wit you guys!! hifonics is not a cheap amp!! i have the class d mono 1500 watt brutus runiing to 2 12" L5 at 1 ohms and she hittin like mark maquire on steroids!! GO WITH THE HIFONICS 1600-2200watt class d you wont be sorry!!!!!PS and she dont run hot at all!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us