Why do Alternators COST SO MUCH!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 59
Goshhhhhh ive been looking around because you guys say i need a new alt if i want to run my system =(!!!.... my alt is only 100 amp... and i need like 150+ ...=( and they cost so much for my car... i have a lexus es 300 (02')...pleeaseee give me some advice... i know you guys are going to say YOU NEED ONE NO MATTER WHAT... well thats kind of hard if u dun got da CASH.. lol... please help ... jl 1000/1 pushing 2 AVA 12s... what can i do?....

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1144
Wait until you get enough money or downgrade your components if you haven't already bought them, no reason to fry something in the car because the alt can't handle it.

Patience is a virtue and virtue can't hurt you. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 50
Alternators shouldnt be that expensive for that model car. I recomend talking to Nathan from Excessiveamperage.com that's where I got my alt.. (200 amps)

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8450
save up till you can afford it. if you can afford a lexus, you should afford $300 for an alternator.

or

get a smaller stereo system. smaller amp, more efficient subs.

or

don't play the stereo so loud, so you don't draw so much current from that puny toyota alternator. they generally don't give you much if any reserve power for adding stereo stuff.

or

any combination of the above mentioned solutions
there's no magical $50 fix, like a capacitor, battcap, or faery glitter dust. producing 150+A of current from a 12VDC system is expensive.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3685
GlassWolf you're posts have more attitude now. Quite funny too.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8457
well they're all solutions. he probably won't like any of them, but at least I'm honest about it.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 240
Whats wrong with this picture? He can afford an '02 lexus but not a HO alternator. If he took it the dealer for tune up, there's atleast $300 right there.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3699
Sounds like one of those ba$tards that drive around the city in a Hummer and complain about gas prices.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 274
^^LOL

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 151
hahahahaha

Anonymous

he he he haaaaaaaaaaa gas prices ha ha hummer hee

Anonymous

ummm, if you can afford an 02 lexus, i dont see how you can complain about a part worth 300 bucks. Whats 300 bucks if you have a car worth 25g's?

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
all a lexus is is a expensive toyota anyway open the hood and you will toyota everywhere but thats about to change lexus's and toyotas are not going to based off each other anymore so nothing (even simple things like radiators, glass, air for the tires???) ever will be cheap for lexus after 06 or 08 whenever this takes effect

Silver Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 104
LMFAO!! $300??? My alternator for a '99 Mercury Cougar was $1100!! Where are you getting $300 from?

Check with Ohio Generators - they are really the best and very reasonable price wise. Most of the comp guys are running them.

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 77
Ouch...$1100 for your alternator?? I paid only $275 for a high output 200 amp alternator, for my 1999 Pontiac Firebird.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9059
my Lestech HO alternator back in the day was $750, so I understand how steep they can get. That one was out of an ambulance.

Ohio Generator is at www.ohiogen.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us