Distorsion ?

Anonymous

For some reason after having my subs and amp for a few hours there is some kind of noise coming from the speakers i listened closely as a reved up my truck and its the engine and truck sounds coming through the speakers and when the truck isnt cranked it is a hmmmmmmmmmm mmmm sound any reason for this loose wire, busted speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 531
make sure all your wires ( ground,power remote and rca's are far enough away from each other that they wont interfere <-sp? .. try doing that first

Anonymous

Well my rca is on the other of the amp which is about a foot and a half long and my remote is right between the power wires im mean literly right in between and close but thats how the amp is made

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 550
could be a number of things. most likely a poor ground. sounds like alternator whine, the common cold of car audio. havn't had one system yet without it.
here is a great read by one of the industry's best
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq/rac-faq_2.html#SEC7

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 564
damn...the common cold..me and my friends have put in a fair amount of systems and we have never had this problem..must have good medicine lol

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 553
maybe i should have had you install mine, lol

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3251
"make sure all your wires ( ground,power remote and rca's are far enough away from each other that they wont interfere "

"my remote is right between the power wires im mean literly right in between and close but thats how the amp is made"

The remote wire being right next to the power and ground is fine. The remote wire has nothing to do with the audio signal going into the amp. It simply carries a 12 volt current to the amp in order to turn it on.

Anonymous

So the rca caries the signal from the head to the amp?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3253
Yes. You want to keep your RCA cables as far away from anything carrying current as possible.

Anonymous

Well that is on the other side of the amp there is an output and an imput rca hole (RED AND WHITE)
my rca wires are RED AND BLACK so i would assume i would plug the red in the red hole and the black in the white hole both in the input side
Or do i plug in in the output?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3257
Yes, you put the red rca into the red rca input on your amp, and the black into the white input, only if you have the rca's hooked up at your headunit correctly. Just make sure you have the left going into the left, and the right going into the right.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 554
"Yes. You want to keep your RCA cables as far away from anything carrying current as possible"

yeah, that's a common conclusion. but it's a myth.
the voltage potential is carried accross the the vehicle's chassis-the ground plane. so its going to induce the same noise as running the signal/power cables side/side.
So basically, the electron potential of the car's chassis acts as an antenna for noise anyway.
so unless you can prop your wires up above your car by plastic sticks, it won't make a difference how close you run your cables.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us