Glass/Jon/James/Isaac/Joe/Mix/Fishy/sorry if i forgot you

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4548
guys, i want to do the sq setup, but i have to buy things 1 at a time, and first off i think i decided on my HU, so now i need to know what you guys think a good sq setup would be, think i should go with 10's or 12's, or maybe just 1 sub instead of 2, casue i dnot want it overpowering my music, also what kind of components can we look at. with what amp guys. Lets try and keep these three options at under 1000 bucks, also the Hu im getting has a 5 v preoutage if that helps, and is an eclipse Hu, so can we do an all eclipse setup? or what

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4549
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1642

this is the Hu, im wanting to get, tell me if this is a good one, for visuals and stuff, or is this a touch screen? i want to keep my HU under 1000 dollers if you can help me pick one out that will help with sq for the system, play dvds mp3s and has a touch screen. Thanks

also to elaborate on what i said above. I want to TRY and spend close to 1000 on my front stage, i dont need a rear stage do i? i dont know what kind of speakers to use, coaxles, components, i dontknow the difference lol, what will help with my imaging, basically i want to sit in my car look out the windshield and be like wow what an awesome zeplin concert lol. So this is what im trying to shoot for with 1000 dolelrs for sq
set of speakers up front, good amp to power them, sub(s) in back with amp to power it. I would like to go all eclipse if that Hu is any good, but ifits not, have a field day lol. can anyone help me out

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3246
No, you don't need a rear fill speakers. You'll want to use components over coaxils if your going for all out sq. I'd also suggest only using 1 sub. So do you want to spend 1000 bucks on everything, or 1000 on each part? I can't see how you would buy a $700 headunit, and then only spend a grand on sub, amp, components, and components amp.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 312
Sub,

You are full of it. You aint got no $$$$ for any of this stuff. Stop posting cuz you are bored or you wanna re-impress us. You lost your credibility when you disappeared with everybodys stuff or money a few weeks ago. This is just a weak attempt.

How lame........

bigyellowtaxi
Unregistered guest
pay no attention to this M0ron ^^ hes just a silver member he dont know sh!t everybody still likes you sub.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 315
youre unregistered. you talk?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 476
Anything Eclipse makes is better than most. I rate their HU's at the very top.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1466
errr..... you buy a car yet Sub?

I'd say get the Clarion DRZ9255 if you're really serious about SQ, but the transport in mine took a dump while in Colorado. Didn't like some of those nasty dirt roads I guess.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 678
Try the DLS Iriridium Components. They are very nice, i have a set. For HU, i would say that Eclipse and Nakamichi make some of the best.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3250
I guess if you wanted the absolute best you could get the Alpine F1 series. Can't believe you guys forogt about them, I've heard Nakamichi and Clarion, but no Alpine? lol

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 566
damn sub your losing your credibility...better do something to get it back before its 2 late......

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4551
i dont care about my credibilty, im just asking questions lol, i dont care if what mix says, i wanted his imput on what would sound good, not if i had credibility, and actually mix, yes i do have the money to do this.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 327
sub is my daddy.

what is the rms of Re10s and 12s? 175 like the 8s?

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4560
i believe so

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3666
Don't support Clarion. They are terrible with customer service/support. Go with Alpine/Eclipse (sorry Fishy).
SoundSplinter RL-P12 is not a bad sub for the money. I'd try their 15" if you have the space.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3678
Eclips TI 12/ID max 12 for sub, use your jl 1000/1 for your sub amp since you already have it. HU I am with Joe on the f1 that is very nice but you cant go wrong with eclipse either. as far as components I would look into DLS,A/D/S(I love mine),Dynaudio,boston acoustic,ID cham. as for an amp to run them how about ppi a600 or orion 250HCCA g4,old soundstream class a refference 200 or 300, something along those lines.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1467
Yep, that Clarion was the best sounding h/u I've heard by far....... at least until it stopped playing my CD and then wouldn't give it back.

Good thing I bought a 4 year extended warranty.

I didn't like the look of Eclipse or Pioneer and the the only Alpine that could've competed was the F#1 Status.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4573
well where can i find the alpine f1 and how much is it, and whats so gerat about it? does it have a t.v. in it? but isaac, i didnt wanna go clarion because of the customer service, but i forgot about it, thanks for the rememnder, and is the rl-p12 a good sounding sub?

james, i am realling considering using an eclipse Ti 12 inch or 12 inch id max for my sub, you read my mind, i might use a 12 inch eclipse al instead to, cause i really miss that sub. But thank you very much for the amp suggestions as well, ill check them out. i would really love to get ahold of the g4

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 920
www.alpinef1status.com . and you can expect to be spending some money goign alpine f1 status.BUt they are some of the best made..they're components retail at about 3500, they're soudn sprocesoor is retails at 4000 so i would say they're multimedia is going to run you quite a bit of money.

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 134
Hey james, sorry to get off-topic but what A/D/S components do you have? I love my 236 IS's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3692
I have the 346 cs's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us