Is this deck any good.

Bronze Member
Username: Soltex

Post Number: 17
Getting my first car System and in need of a good deck. Today i say A DUAL XD7500 for 129.00 Installed. Is this a pretty good deck. Any good ones you all prefer.

Username: Zhudlin

Post Number: 4
i like it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Yeah its pretty. I wana know if its worth 129 and wont break in like a couple of months.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 537
no dual sucks...theyll break down and sound quality is not good...look at alpine and pioneers in that price range

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Any good decks you recommend under 150 dollars.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1082
Clarion DXZ555MP
Alpine CDA-9807
Pioneer DEH-P6600-DEH-p6700

This is all assuming you have an ebay account of course.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
yes sir have an ebay account. SO does all these decks have like subwoofer option, Level raiser Subwoofer level and all the good stuff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1091
Subwoofer controls? The Clarion doesn't have any, but the Pioneer and Alpine do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Like my friend he had like a 399 pioneer deck. You could change the subs how they fire, backwards or front. It was this one. Retail about 400 dollars

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1095
Yeah, the phase control, the Alpine has that but i'm pretty sure the Pioneer doesn't.

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 11
That pic looks like the 960 or 9600 pioneer. It does indeed have phase control for the sub (normal or reverse).

IN fact, the 9600 (960) is just like the 860/8600 feature wise except the display is a bit different. The 9600 opens/closes each time you turn the radio on/off. The 860/8600 is standard flip face type. Opens when you put a disk in/out.

Considering the feature set is nearly identical (there are some subtle no big deal differences), I'd opt for the 860/8600 simply because there's less parts moving, less chance of something breaking.

To the OP, the more you pay for the HU, the more features you get. The HU's you mentioned initially and this pioneer are in a totally different class (and price range).

Btw, the 9600 is does not retail for anywhere near $400. You may be able to get it on ebay or from one of the other discount places for that price, but it's retails for ~$600 from an authorized reseller.

Given your budget I'd keep what you got until you can afford something better. You can do this in stages to some degree, getting a better HU first, then good speakers/amp. I would not do this in the reverse order however.

Sending crap signal to good speakers is a good way to blow them. And getting an amp after getting good speakers makes no sense.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1106
Ah, I meant the Pioneer DEH-P6600 does not have phase control. He was only displaying the 960 to show the unit he originally saw with phase control.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Well i dont got nothing right now, this is my first car setup.
Alpine CDA-9807 HEADUNIT
2 12' Volfenhag 1200watts 500rms
Hifonic 1500Watt AMP or something less so i dont need new alternater

Currently looking for 4 gauge amp kits and i capacitor.

Well i think that should be it. Most of the stuff is of ebay. EXECPT THE WIRE HARNESS from sears.

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 47
For the $300 range or best unit all around would be the DEH-P8600MP or DEH-P860MP. Its better than the 9600 cause it doesnt have 2 motorized pieces.Just the single motorized face. Also CDA-9851 or CDA-9853 are nice as well. Pretty much all Pioneers have phase control.First Alpine that does is the CDA-9851.

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 64
You could bid on my Pioneer Premier DEH-P760MP. $120 + shipping on ebay now. It's a good unit, you can play MP3's, WMV's, CD-R's, CD-RW's, it's XM compatible, and it has 3 sets of preouts so you can adjust your subs from the dash. Basically a toned down version of the 960.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5792957827

I actually own the 960 now, it's a great head unit. I bought it for about $580 from a local store. I'd recommend that one too, although it is a little expensive IMO.

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 94
On the head unit when you can turn up the bass and treble is it ok to turn those up or should you leave them at 0?

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 105
Hey INam, I'll ship you my Alpine 9813 for $160.
I bought it new for around $400. from Pacific stereo less than a year ago. Its a real nice HU with bass engine pro and 6 DSP's, front rear and sub outs at 4.0 volts It specs out like a 9833

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=CDA-9833&p_category=10&p_subcategory=45&p_main=10&p_more=y

Upload

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
hey you till got it benny boy my man ones to buy one N0 NOT BOYFRIEND had to make that clear for somebody says something G>>A>>Y> does it still work we live in virginia i have a cda-7897 this has more power than mine doesnt it 27rms?

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
http://www.caraudioamps.com/sitemap/vendors/0/dual.html

this idiots are trying to sell duals like the eclipse radio with hard drives and built in toasters.

xd7500 reatails for 269.99??? syke
XDV8125 retails for 650$ our price 630$ are they retarded or are people that dumb

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us