Username: Usnavy

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 29
Can someone please give me the optimum specs for a sealed box for this sub

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 448
1cu/ft sealed man. Build it with 3/4" MDF and double up the front. Joint the sides together, use liquid nails, screw, etc. Do a d@mn good job, that sub will tear most sealed boxes apart at full throttle! And that's 1cu/ft AFTER the sub gets put in. And I think the sub takes .9 cu/ft. Dunno, I'd have to find my spec sheet...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1677
Whats a recommended box for a TI 12 and a TI 15 ?

I hear they sound great ported.

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
That's what Eclipse told me. They sound great ported. If you go ported, tune them for 32Hz, and give 'em so cu/ft!

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1678
How many cu ft for the TI 12 and 15 whould you say ?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1679
How many cu ft for the TI 12 and 15 ported tuned to 32hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
As many as you have room for.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1680
I have a crossfire vr1000d which i will power one of these with. It whould be going into a sedan trunk and im not sure what is recommended for this sub ported as far as cu ft. I emailed eclipse but im waiting for a answer.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1681
By the way how does the Eclipse TI sound. What subs can you compare it to ? How is the spl and sq of it ported? Trying to get an idea before i buy one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
MO: I have tried almost every sub out there, or heard every sub out there. I've seen/heard TONS of different types of setups. And honestly, the Eclipse is the only sub I'll probably ever use anymore. It can be an SQ OR SPL sub. Or a mixture of both. I have two 12" Ti's in a 4cu/ft boxes tuned to 32Hz, and it hits hard enough that you have a hard time breathing... You can't see straight, etc. And I can still listen to rock and roll on it :D. Sealed, you will loose some db, but honestly, it's d@mn loud with enough power. And it has GREAT extension. Also, they can handle 1,500 WRMS if it's clean power. They're beasts, and highly underrated.

To compare it... They're better than anything Fosgate ever made. The RE XX is a bit louder. For the "regular" non-comptetion market, it's up in the top. But they're well-built, titanium, and the newer ones can have the voice coil and magnet changed so if you blow it, you can just "rebuild" it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1683
Thanks for the info jake, that is appreciated coming from your experience with subs. What do you think about 1 15 ti ported ? THink i can fit it in a accord or camry and still sound good or should i stay with a 12 ti ported ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
No problem! A 15" will have more SPL than SQ. You can get a 12" to sound good, yet be loud a lot easier. But if you want SPL, a 15" is the way to go. If you're going with one sub, then you can fit either a 12 or a 15 a small car. It's when you get into multiple subs you have troubles...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1684
What do you suggest considering its going into a camry or accord trunk ? TI 12 OR TI 15 and whould you happen to know how many cu ft to go with and what freq tune ?

I listen to mostly rap and some rock.

Silver Member

Post Number: 475
I'd go 32Hz ported. Probably 4 cu/ft. This is just me... It'll hit, but retain some SQ. You'll probably have to turn the bass down for rock and roll. And I dunno about 12 or 15. That's personal opinion. The 15 will take more power, and is more SPL than SQ.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1685
What do you suggest considering its going into a camry or accord trunk ? TI 12 OR TI 15 and whould you happen to know how many cu ft to go with and what freq tune ?

I listen to mostly rap and some rock.

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
I just answered your question...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1686
Jake they both are 750 rms. The 15 still takes more power ? I do have a Avalanche 15 so whould it be good to stick with a 15 TI ?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2004

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
They say 750 rms, but it's more. Just call Eclipse and ask to talk to a tech. They'll tell you amazing things about when they were testing these subs. And I'm not sure what you're talking about with the Avalanche?

Also:
http://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1128

Cheaper :D

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1687
Yeah i saw it at electronicgiant also but wasnt sure if they were a good place to buy from. What amplifier whould be a good match for the Eclipse 15 ti ?

What i was saying about the Avalanche 15 was that i also own that and a crossfire vr1000d and running it at 1 ohm and i was wondering how it whould compare to the 15 ti in terms of sq and spl...

Bronze Member
Username: Usnavy

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 30
Ok well I think that I messed up on the box. it is 12x18x10.5 sealed. I wood glued it and used fiberglass on the inside to stengthen and seal it. I think that it is to small though. Almost done with the install of the Utopia 165w speaks. I have pics of the unfinished box and the equipment going in if you guys want to see them

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
Sure, lets see pictures. A good match for that sub is the DA7122. Their amps are designed for their subs. The DA7232 is designed to run two of their subs.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/da7122.html

That amp should be alright for now, but I'd get something better in the long run.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us