Need opinions on 6.5's

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 15
hello, I'm looking for some good 6.5's for my front door speakers. I'm looking for the impossible; something that sounds good, and is cheap like about $60...I know low budget but so is everything in my system. I have a chance to get some Infinity 6002i or 6012i's in this range and am also able to get a set of MTX TDX6502's in that range. So far I've got :
HU- JVC KD-G310
Amp- Rockford Fosgate P3001
Subs- 2 Infinity Ref Series 1230w (12" 300Wrms yes I know they're under powered) in a sealed box
I also have a cheapo amp.. ESA EA250 100w 2 channel (2*55Wrms) that I could use. so far total system including ESA cost me under $400

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 71
Alpine Type S (SPS-170A) on ebay ($74 shipped)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 572
yea either get you some Alpines or those Infinities both of those speakers are pretty good

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 74
I highly recommend the infinities i got a pair off ebay a while ago for about 50 dollars and they sound really good. They have nice detail and are very natural sounding.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 455
for the infinity's...get the .7i series if you use the amp...if you don't and just run them off the headunit...get the .5i series (find on ebay)

CRVmusic
Unregistered guest
I believe you can get the Alpine 170a for $67 at Etronics or $62 at caraudioimage.com after shipping (assuming no tax for your state and shipping may differ based on your distance from the store as well).

I just bought the 62.7i kappas, but only because I figured they were newer and therefore better. I noticed the resistance is different between .5 and .7, but the guy at Frys told me the .7i can be set at 4 Ohm like the .5i. Was that false? Is the SQ of the older model better since it has a higher resistance with the same RMS value?

I do plan on running them off an amp, and it is not too late for me to cancel and change to the 62.5i's if you were to suggest that. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 81
One thing is that you can power the .7is for cheaper b/c they are only 2 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us