HU problems?

Username: Gicts

Post Number: 1
I installed an aftermarket HU several months ago. It has been running great along with 2 subs. Recently though my battery was drained, and when I jumped it the hu wouldn't turn on. I yanked the fuse on the passanger's side, and when put it back in (when the keys are in, or not it doesn't matter) there is a loud humming from the GM Class II Data bus Interface(thing you have to wire with your hu to keep your chimes from going crazy). The humming will last about a minute, then it goes away, and still no power to the hu.The door chimes don't work either Does anyone know what's going on?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1080
The interface was fried?...

Post Number: 2
some people on another forum suggested the hu wire harness, but wouldn't the door chimes work then?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1086
It depends, but you don't get a humming sound from wires.

Was the fuse put back in correctly? Were any additional fuses blown?

Post Number: 3
No other blown fuses, how is a fuse put in wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1094
More like it wasn't pushed in all the way, but I highly doubt that's the problem. I'm still going with the interface being burned up.

Post Number: 4
yea it's definatly pushed in all the way. What exactly is the interface?

Post Number: 5
I hadn't noticed this yet because I haven't needed to drive it. When I signal to turn right everything is ok, but when I signal to go left, it blinks a gazillion times a minute, like when you barely move the blinker lever and hit that 'sweet spot'. I guess that would cancel out the hu wire harness problem, right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us