RE12's vs. CVR12's

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 228
Plain and simple, it will be run with 2 12"'s in a sealed box powered with 175wrms to each sub. I would like it to be able to boom as loud as my Sony's (good for booming)or better and have much better SQ also.

RE12's or CVR12's and why.

Thanks for your input

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 314
go with RE12's, because i believe their RMS is 175wrms each(perfect) and if you used the CVR's you would be heavily underpowering them

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 233
bump

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 558
yea those CVRs will get louder but the REs will probably sound better

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 234
will the RE's be as loud or louder than my 2 Xplod's? My Sony's kick @$$ in SPL for a budget system but suck in the quality. I don't really need any louder than the Sony's, although I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 682
Better F'ing be, i got 4 12's coming in a few days and they are going to pound!!!

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 236
any other opinions on this?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 526
Hey Chris Klein, can you post some pics of your subs when you get them? I want to know what RE's look like because I am considering buying 3 RE10s. And the only pictures I can find of them are on RE's site, and that is only one pic and it doesn't show much. Thanks man.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2643
I'd go with the RE's, just because of the fact you're amp matches the RE's. The CVR's will be underpowered, so you won't be reaching there full potintial.

Silver Member

Post Number: 689
Issac, if i can get ahold of a camera i will post some pics. I will let you know how it turns out for sure though. I will try not to go crazy like juston with his type r's and post about them EVERY second.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 237
will the RE's sound better and be deeper/louder than the kickers?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 531
lol. Good call Chris Klein that was frickin annoying!

Chris Person, just go with the RE's. You will be matching power better and they should have better SQ. Not sure about the deeper/louder bass part, but really... EVERYONE has cvr's, do you really want to be like everyone else? Reach out and do something a little different. I don't think you can go wrong with RE's. Just my opinion though.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 240
I just like the power handling of the CVR's... I want awesome SQ, I am sure both will be very good but I want it to pound, really really hard, even with 175wrms to each. I know it isn't a lot but it is all I have to work with. I am thinking that the CVR might be a little more efficient with that power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 691
Chris you are only giving them half the power they need while the RE's would be powered perfectly. That is why the RE's keep getting recommended. Please take everyone's advice.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 241
Ok, I understand that completely... I know RE is known for their quality, am I correct? So therefore, the RE12 will sound much better than both the Sony's and the Kickers? The Sony's are LOUD and are pretty deep sounding bass, will the RE's be at least that?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 242
And one more thing, ALL of the RE line is Dual 4 ohms... I have an amp that is stable down to 2 ohms... I therefore need dual 2 ohms VC's to acheive that, correct?

Silver Member

Post Number: 692
yes, with 2 dual 4 ohms subs you would have to wire in 1 or a 4 ohm load. What amp do you have, and would you consider selling it???

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
to get a new one i mean

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 243
I have an Alpine 350 and probably not because I really don't want to fool around with that unless anyone wants to trade me for it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 694
you could have RE put different voice coils on them, but i dont know what they would charge you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us