Jonathan

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 59
Jon, can you help me. I have a box with 2 12" woofers. They are Pioneer TS-W305DVC 800W MAX, NOM.400W. Dual voice coil. They don't it hard like i would like. Is the box to big for them? Could you recommend a good 12" woofer for this enclosure? Top is 30" wide,it is 161/2" front to back on the top. 20" front to back on the bottom and 131/4 top to bottom. The amp that powers them is an 1200 art series.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4303
I'm assuming those are external dimensions, and that the wood is 3/4 thick. Which equals roughly a 3.25 cu ft box. Your box isn't too big, you're right in optimal range for those sub. You can always go ported if you want more SPL, other than that, what is your price range for new subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Hi Jon, i'm thinking 3 to 4 houndred a speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Jon, i was wondering, could one voice coil burn out on a dual voice coil woofer and one coil still work? I was wondering because when i frist bought these woofers, they seem to hit harder. When i frist bought them i hooked them up to a mtx amp and after about 30 secands i could smell the coils burning. They never sounded the same, lol. Anyway, i'm going to pull the speakers out later today and see.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us