On the search

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4516
well guys, my mom decided to sell my neon, someone she knows is giong to buy it for 2500 bucks, its not in too good of shape and has like 145 miles on it. so seems like were getting the better end of the deal. Now i get to spend the 2500 bucks on a car for me. I can pick what i want as long as its not to far from my house. But I need some opinions guys, i have been considering 90-94 plymouth laser, eclipse, or talon, i like these cars, and i consider them cheap, wat is your opinion, or could anyone give me some opinions on what to buy, this is what im looking for, somen that is easy to maintain, somen that is faster than my neon was. obviosouly not to hard to do to a normal neon but mine was real quick. I want a Hatch back, or somen with a HUGE trunk for obvious reasons. and i want it to be fast/sporty, or powerful for an suv. Can anyone guide me into what to seach for or help me find on in my area, 41017. lol. thanks guys.

bigyellowtaxi
Unregistered guest
get a nice big and fast YUGO!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3665
I would get an 92-93 acura integra ! great gas milage,large cargo/hatchback:-),sporty,last forever,and if you look around you should be able to find one with relatively decent miles on it. + its ability to be heavily moded up makes it a gem. I had a 93 integra about 10 years ago and I did intake,exaust,chip,and head and it was a fast little car that got about 26 miles per gallon. If you find one with good paint and do rims and tint it looks great. not to mention the contour of the hatchback is acoustically amazing. I had 1 soundstream ss12 run off of a soundstream refference 300 and it was so loud it hurt(seriously). good luck man thats what I would do. you could always try a honda civic but IMO the integra's look much nicer.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 527
lasers suck .. talons are complete garbage , dunno about eclipses.. get a f-body mustang :p can get those for cheap.. get a car with some balls in it remember theres no replacement for displacement.. stay away from chevy

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3667
yeah I forgot to mention that the lasers and talon/eclipse's are garbage the motor was not built to handle a turbo. 100K on those cars and they are bound to blow a head, I have seen it way to many times. An old Mustang 5.0 would be really nice but remember they are rear wheel drive I dont know how much snow you guys get there but it wont leave your driveway if it is snowing at all, raining either for that matter! lol! I cant tell you how many times I have been making a routine turn and end up facing the complete other way into oncoming traffic in my old mustang. (90 GT 5.0) but boy do they have balls on a nice dry road.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4518
hmmmm, thanksfor the tips on the lasers and talons, cause i really did like those cars. But yea a 5.0 mustang would be awesome, but they arent hatches are they?, ill check out the integra, that sounds nice, i just want a hatch lol

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 67
marks s. uhh talons are actually very fast cars only because of the 4wd they have.. but if i were u subfanatic. i would get something like a mitshubishi 3000 gt vr-4, those are fast as sh*t, twin turbo v6, plus they are hatchbacks so they got a pretty big trunk

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 109
Get a camaro, if you worried about gas get the V6 those are still pretty damn quick roughly 200 horses and there are a lot of aftermarket stuff you can put on.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3669
good luck finding one for $2500! yeah sub my mustang was hatchback and again very nice audio countoured vehicle. I have heard systems back in the day in stangs that sounded like a wall of 4-12's from 1-10. the same goes for the integra. The eclipse/talon's look nice but they will look nice broken down on the side of the road as well.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3670
not the camaro the 3000 GT! yup again rear wheel drive will get you knowwhere in any sort of inclemint weather but if you dont need to then go with it man. The integra will also be a great DD for any weather conditions.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 110
"stay away from chevy"

thats a pretty bold statement, yea some chevys lick but all makes have their sh!tty cars. The camaro is a great car and they look dope and they are pretty affordable and they are built strong. Sure you could buy a small import and then get smashed in an accident.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 111
hey sub, do you get a lot of snow where you live ? if you do then i agree stay away from the rear-wheels but if its nice and sunny get the 'maro, put the t-tops down and rip by those little mosquitos on the road.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3672
any car will get smashed in an accident I have seen some H2's wrapped completely around a tele pole and smashed into walls and they crumble. Believe it or not those little older imports hold up fairly well in accidents I have been on scene for many many accidents and believe it or not its normally the american junk cars(not all american cars are junk but there are many) and the SUV's.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 112
touche

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1453
Honda CRX

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4519
not to much snow here, no, so guys, can i find those cars for less than 2500?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 802
Get a Honda CRX...great for SPL, not great for much else though :-)

But really man...you may wanna look at something like a Celica if you are into the eclipse/talon look. My step sister has one...not too bad of a lil car. Plus they are great for SPL. (just as good as a CRX from the ones i have seen...2 DD10's doing ~150dB)

If it was me, I wouldnt even look for a can...I coundnt bring myself to buy a car. I'm a truck guy.

just my $0.02

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1455
If you take the enclosure out a CRX would make a great autocross car. Quick lil bastidges.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4522
hmmm, well guys im not much on Hondas lol. but if tahsts what it will come to, then poo. lol, but any other suggestions, so far im looking for, intergras, celicas, eclipses, talons(kinda) lasers(kinda), can anyone tell me why these cars arent good?. also the CRX, 5.0 mustang(cant find one) and of course camaros lol

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4523
well first off, i came on here hoping people would suggest camaros, which i found some, what do you people think of these specifix onces i picked out?

http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-19384108/1991/chevrolet/camaro/dayton /oh

http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-19014074/1996/chevrolet/camaro/------ ------salt-lick,-ky/ky

http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-18949521/1992/chevrolet/camaro/------ ----------fairfield/oh

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1457
Any small hatchback will do Sub. Its gonna be hard to find one with low mileage for $2500 though.

CRX's

http://motors.listings.ebay.com/Honda_CRX_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ3QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfs opZ3QQsacatZ6255QQsocmdZListingItemList

Hmmm... maybe if you sold a small percentage of your audio equipment........

:-)

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1458
On second go with a Camaro, one of the older ones though. I don't like the bubble boy look of the newer ones.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4526
haha, lol, thanks fishy, but im trying to sell my stuff to get more money for it, anyone intersted? lol

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 804
whats the cheapest sub you can sell me?
and what do you want for some of that edead?

(shipped to 71343)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3673
yup fishy is right its gonna be hard to find something with low miles on it for that price so I say interga all the way mine had 209,000 on it when I sold it and it is still running to this day with 295,000K on it. Celica's are good cars to.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4527
marshal, my edead is all IN MY CAR lol, but im sellling the ti for 300

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 805
note:

*cheapest*

:-)i need a sub for my lil sisters mini spl car:-)

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4529
haha, check out my sale page

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4530
how are 1995 eclipses?

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4531
http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-16654328/1991/ford/mustang-gt/fairfie ld/oh

??????

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3674
not good!

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 113
Sub, a fellow camaro lover, lol. Stick with them man i've been through 2 and am currently rebuilding a 97 SS. I previously had a 92 and then a 95. They were both very good cars and i loved them hearing them roar down the streets got more attention the system only problem is with these cars you'll want to turn down your system so you can hear the car, lol. All 3 of those camaros are cool, I prefer the 93 and newer ones but they are all good. I dont like the 2nd generation camaros they look kinda funny.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1668
The acura integras are a good car and so are the Nissan 300zx's from 1988 to now. Both are hatchback and are very good for spl.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 52
Im gonna have to agree with JC on the Camaro. I have a 91 RS and it had 67,000 original miles on when i bought it and i only paid 4,900. so if u look hard enough u can definatley find one with not to many miles. ohh yeah and it will go forever too.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 531
eclipses areent that bad just get 97-99 they look better..just get a stick or the transmisisons might blow..their not that abd of a car as long as you treat them good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us