A little theory input...

grease dog
Unregistered guest
i was just wondering how much further progress engineers can make to subwoofers and subwoofer technology, what do you guys think is a goal thats attainable in the next couple of years? or next scams...

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 721
man i dunno lol...theres alot of possibilities

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3242
A perfectly flat bl curve, with a very strong yet effecient motor, and a cone with even less mass than one's now adays. High linear excursion with very low power requirements. Speakers with very low distortion.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 512
i think the most profound advancement will be regarding heat dissipation, and developing a material that basically doesn't get hot as quickly. this will work wonders for distortion, failure, power handling.. etc
i have a mag where this cat actually sprays nitrous through small ports in his motor structures onto his VC's. it looks amazing, but i just couldn't imagine how it worked.

grease dog
Unregistered guest
isnt the brahma currently the only sub with a fairly flat bl curve??????????

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4517
i think tc motors have fairly flat curves

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 803
I'm sure that engineers would be looking into making a more efficient sub. Current subs waste unreal amounts of power, thus creating heat.

Heat is basicly wasted energy when it comes to subs.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3245
Good luck finding a material that doesn't wasted much heat. They need to use super-conductors. Anything that uses electricity wastes lots of energy in the form of heat. Regular incandescent light bulbs waste 95% of the energy used in the form of heat.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 532
my alarm clock stays relatively cool, lol.
it's just a matter of efficiency like marshall was saying. i'm sure copper, nickel and the ilk offer advantages over other metals in their ability to conduct well. i think that there will be a compound of some sort that puts us up there in the near future.
20 years from now i think our kids will be amazed that we used to have to actually upgrade our alternators to achieve big power. seems rediculous now actually. especially for 400.00

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 806
well...a resistive load will "use" electricity and create heat. (think of an electric heater, current passes through the coils and they heat up because of the resistance)

just imagine if we could use super-conductors (like joe said). but amps would have to be able to handel a load that is pretty much a perfect short. (anybody wanna run there amp at 0.1 ohm?...lol)

:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us