My head was about to explode!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 646
I downloaded the bass tracks from Realmofexcursion and have been listening to them on my koss titanium stereophones. All this deep bass is about to make my head explode. LOL.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 495
something tells me that i better have my sub filter engaged even w/my sealed enclosure for those. man i hope i don't blow my subs. any way to burn them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 651
in regards to what??? I am a little loopy right now.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 496
any way to burn the songs to cd from the site?

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 300
Yeah. What you do is, go to my computer, click on the cd drive, drag the songs you want to burn to the cd drive window, and click write these files to cd. Woohoo 300th post... still have a long way to go.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 885
I was also wondering that.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 502
thanks. hey juelz, i think i pm you a while back. i'm from decatur/stone mountain. where at in swats do you stay?

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
Or elese just right click the track and click save target as and then choose where you want it to go.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 301
CHRIS <-- lol..

what would be a good amp to use on some RE8s in this way.

I need one i can use on 2 for now.. but 4-6 later on.

Any suggestions? You seem to know your stuff ;).

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 301
I stay near old nat hwy.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 505
had a friend stayed down past the old crab house. my cousin stayed in saranac not too far from there. i went to the comedy club on old nat last time i was in town.
what's your system lookin like so far?

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 302
Too young to drive, have to wait four more months :-), but I have a pioneer hu wit 2 infinity 6x9s. Those will have to do until I get enough money to buy an amp and compenents.

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
Justin- for 2 of them you are going to need an amp that is going to do a 1 or 4 ohm load, and with 4 of them you will need an amp that can do a 2 ohm load(or .5 or 8). The RE12's have the same RMS and voice coil config. I am using a Zapco Reference 500.1 to power all four of them. They would each prob see around 15-175 rms because it is underated. If i would really want to i could wire 2 at 4 ohms with this amp too. It says that it puts out 350 at 4 ohms which sounds perfect because that would be 175 apeice, but the birth sheet says that it puts out like 550 at 4 ohms. I am going to have to be careful with only 2 subs.

Anyway.....

As far as suggestions, let me know what kind of a price range that you are looking to stay in and i will give you some. If you dont really have a price range that i would say go with the amp that i got. lol. I love this baby.

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
I must say again though. My amp would be good for 4, 2 would be a different story. Once i get them i can how 2 of them up to my amp to see what happens if you want me to. Just let me know.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 309
i'e got bassmanmike helping me pick a good one too :P.I'm gonna go with four, I seen a kenwood on ebay that puts out 175x4 @ 4 ohms I think.. would it be what I need?

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
no, with 4 subs you are going to need a 2 ohm load like me. 2 subs a 1 or 4 ohm load. How much money you wanna spend??

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 902
That could work if im correct you can wire one sub in parallel then another in parallel then wire them together in series and then you got 4 ohms right there then bridge it onto 2 of the channels then do the same for the other 2 subs.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 903
remember there dual 4 ohm. Go on aim ill explain more and help you pick out an amp.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 905
Can you explain chris why It won't work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
holy krap mike, that was a lot of typing. I still am learning myself guys. Bass, please expaling on here as i would also like to know what your talking about.

P.S. This sounds like it is alot more difficult then just getting a mono amp that gives him the pwer that he needs.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 906
OK the subs hes looking at buying the RE8 only comes in DVC 4 ohm. This means that it has two 4 ohm voice coils. Now with DVC 4 ohm you can wire it in parallel for a 2 ohm load or series for a 8 ohm load.

Now what I told him to do is to take one of them, wire it parallel (2 ohms), then take another sub wire it the same way also 2 ohms. Then wire them together in series to get a 4 ohm load. Then after you have a 4 ohm load, Bridge it onto 2 of the channels. Now do the same for the other 2 subs and wire them to the other 2 channels bridged.

Silver Member

Post Number: 670
Gotcha. But would you really recommend that amp???

I ask because i wouldnt recommend it myself.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 907
chris if this is RMS hes talking about 175x4 @ 4 then he will be recieving the power he needs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 671
I doubt that kenwood actually puts out that much wattage.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 908
Im not sure yet I havent seen the spec sheet for it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
Well, i have got to go to a bachelors party and get wasted. I will be back on tomorrow to discuss this further.

CYA

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 910
My friends brother runs his type R off a Kenwood amp that I picked out for it, I personally think thier alright for a budget system and I do Believe they put out whatever it says they do on the spec sheet. The only thing that sucked was that this particular amp didnt have a subsonic filter and we have the sub running in a ported enclosure.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 313
:P I lost the amp on ebay.. but i'll find it again lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us