Pyramid Amp, LED Lights Up, No Power

Username: Kirkizzle

Post Number: 1
i got a 1600 watt pyramid amp...we have everything hooked up right, or so we think, the blue pyramid on the amp will ight up, but on the back the power light will not ight up and the amp doesnt receive power, but the LEDS on top the amp do light, its like only half the amp works......also, we put the power wire on the battery, and it doesnt do much, or we have to find a good spot for the wire and it will work but a friend put the power wire on a random bolt under the hood, and it gave more energy than the battery, please help, thank yOU

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 512
make sure that your positive power wire is properly connected to your battery and also make sure thatyour ground(black) wire is properly hooked up to a piece of metal with no contact with non-metallic items...also try testing it in another car with wiring that you know works because pyramid is one of the worst fu**ing brands ever their stuff is soo overrated that amp is pushing out like 400 watts if your lucky

Post Number: 2
yeah, id idnt know pyramid was bad...but i read some shitty stuff on this site, but thats all i got to deal, anyway though, wen we hooked it up, we used a read wire that said "Battery +" on it for the ground, then the black wire isnt even hooked up and we have a different wire on the positive side of the battery.....is that where it messed up?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8376
geesh

battery + goes to the positive battery terminal in the car, directly.
the black ground line goes from the amp, to bare chassis metal within 24" of the amp to complete the circuit.
the third required connection is the Remote-On wire, which goes from the amplifier, to the radio's REM or PWR ANT wire to tell the amplifier to turn on.

after that, just connect RCA lines, and speakers.

your amp may actually be ok if you haven't burned it up.

Post Number: 5
everything is good - i just lost my display on my head unit - peep my question in the Head Unit section if you can help me :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us