Is this a good HU

Bronze Member
Username: Cklukas

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 27
Is the JVC Exad http://www.crutchfield.com/S-spOwJDzmGqJ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=257KDAV X1 a good unit. I wanted some info.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1046
A three inch screen? That's terrible! I would prefer to spend another 200 and get something that I could see.

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 41
I agree. For 999.99 you can get a 6.5 inch touch screen DVD flip out.

Bronze Member
Username: Firlefanz

Post Number: 14
The unit has some nice features like:
inputs 4 audio 1 digital + 1 video in and 1 video out. MP3 on DVD. LPF+ HPF and DD/ DTS ddecoder.

But seriously its not fish nor flesh, cause the screen is way to small to watch a movie.

Besides the price of 999 USD is far too much.
Push up your bugdet a little and get a touchscreen.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 477
Good god! How could you possible watch a movie on that?

Bronze Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 48
Yeh take the same price $999.999 and put it towards a Pioneer "DVH-57000DVD" player for the same price of $999.999.Touch screen and has all the goodies(ex. ipod ready,sat radio ready and navigation ready.)

Bronze Member
Username: Cklukas

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 29
I found the same unit for $450 on SonicElectronix.com. I agree about the small screen problem, but for $450 I am going to hook up extra monitors anyway.

Bronze Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 60
Waste of money.Should just get a flip out.Also JVC's have few SQ options.Bass,Treble,and a few Frq options.

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 61
I've had bad luck with JVC products. I had a head unit for a couple months and it broke. One of my car audio installers claimed that JVC stands for "Junk, Very Crappy". He said I should get a Pioneer or Alpine, I went with Pioneer and have not had any problems since.
Sure it might save you some money now, but if it breaks in 2-3 months, was it worth it? I'd just spend a little more and get an Alpine or Pioneer unit... I head good things about Panasonic too but have no personal experience with them.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 41
i put an exad in my girls ranger.....it might have a small screen but the damn thing puts out some quality sound....but yeah it has a small screen. but i personally don't like having a big screen on the deck...i prefer in the visors. but before you bash it look up the specs on it and think about the diff things it does. such as 24bitdsp....and the bigger frequency band it can read that others can't!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us