Glass i need your help!!!

Username: Suicidejack

Post Number: 8
I have a treo 1500.1 and a RF BD 1500.1 all mono and 2 ohm stable im going to run them for 2 RE XXX back ordered and i got the quad X2 but this might sound dumb im not sure but is it ok to use 2 diff amps even if they have very similar specs?

Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 6
Im waiting around for him too lol

Post Number: 10
ya i posted a new thread same question basicaly but i dunno im new to amp bizniz but learning alot i know about simple set up but i just hate to mess up on sh!t i payed so much 4 hehe

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8384
sure you can use different amps, one on each sub.. as long as the subs aren't sharing air space in the same enclosure.

you want the subs balanced if they share airspace, so use matched amps and the same subs for that type of setup

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 418
Or you'll have frequency-cancelation. :D Glass, you always beat me to 'em!

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8391
well, if ya have two subs in the same box with no divider, and one sub gets more power than the other, the subs will fight each other.. that'll cause distortion and loss of linearity in the motor travel.. you'll end up burning up the subs doing that. much like putting a 12" and a 10" sub together in a shared box.

just not a good idea.
now in exclusive enclosure spacees, its ok.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
WoW ! thanx alot i was doing research on that matter and 3 hours to no availe. but thx alot glass and jake. ill be replacing my stock alt 85Amps wont do 3200 wats hehe was thinking of 2 HO alts one on a piggy back and seperate pully will get less HP but i cruise in city so no biggy, im just asking Q's Alt builders to see if they can rewind one to 275 amp+.
Was wondering on your electrical setup since you have a similar setup i think, what you did and used to supply such demanding power ?
Thx again for everything.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8419
had an alternator custom built, but I can almost stand in my engine bay without touching anything so it was an easy fit for a big alternator. That's the nice thing about 1960s cars.. lots of room under the hood, even with a big block.

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
:D In my Cherokee that I had, I had two 250 amp alternators. I had to fabricate a bracket for the second one. I'll be doing the same here again, if this deal goes through... But I'm going Eclipse/Zapco on this one. Maybe a CDA-9833 Alpine head, not sure, waiting for Eclipse to write me back...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3652
I know what you mean GlassWolf. My 86 Mustang has plenty of workable space under the hood. Makes replacing parts a snap.
I am not sure if it was the moronic Japanese auto makers or the Eurpoeans that first made cars with very small hood space.
I hate it when they take something simple and make it very complicated. My azz Acura must've been designed my Japanese monkeys or something, cause in order to change an alternator belt, I had to take the car apart. No wonder why they charge $150 to change a $10 belt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
1986? You have no idea what hood space is if you think an '86 has space! Heh! Come look at my Camaro. I could litterally pick a side, and lay down in there :D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us