Pioneer head unit DEX-P9

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5790942006&category=39762 %26 is it really that good and worth the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 83
Not really, you'll still need to buy the DEQ to go with it. I'm not sure but I think its got very little without the Digital Processor.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1027
Definitely. Without the processor it really loses a great deal of its value.

If you don't mind a unit that is a bit older, the DEX-P1R has the processor combined in the unit and is the same build quality basically.

grease
Unregistered guest
If it doesn't include the processor, forget it. Jexx i thought the P1 needs a seperate processor too?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
Nope, I own one...the sound is comparable to my Clarion DXZ945MP (if not better) and many other high end headunits produced today. It doesn't do mp3 so I decided to put the Clarion in my car instead.

grease
Unregistered guest
oh right, im looking for something for me too, something high end, i like naks, what do u recommend?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
Nakamichi is great. I haven't used many of their headunits so I can't really recommend any in particular.

grease
Unregistered guest
i have had a nakamichi CD 250, and the distortion was virtually not there, it was just old, that was the problem, but excellent sound, i have seen a pioner 7600 that looks good,,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
If you can afford any Nakamichi I'd suggest doing that. The Pioneer 7600 isn't that great in comparison to the headunits we've been talking about, heh heh. Isn't there a DEX-P1R on ebay for less than $100?

grease
Unregistered guest
what about the Alpine with the glide touch 9855? Im from the UK, and the US prices are much cheaper, i want to have a unit where i can adjust sound, my current alpine doesn't
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us