What should I do?

Username: Ericdelsol

Columbia, MO

Post Number: 1
Hello to anyone who can help me. I was recently looking for a an amp and sub on ebay. and somehow i put bids on an amp and a sub that I thought would match up but they dont.

I put bids on a Kicker CompVR 12" with 400W RMS ($45 including shipping) and a Mono Bazooka ELA500.1 Amp thats got 700W peak and 500 RMS ($45 also). I saw the prices and jumped for them).
These are the specs the auctioneer listed for the amp:
# 375 watts rms x 1 at 4 ohms
# 500 watts rms x 1 at 2 ohms
# signal to noise ratio : 15db
# 700 watts peak pwr x 1

So what can I do here? I have no experience in car audio, I just got a 2002 Impala and am hoping I can make it bang with one sub because I need the trunk space. Also, the impala came with a small factory amp in the trunk hooked up to the factory system. I think it puts out just as much power as the factory head unit but not sure.

any info, comments, specific help are greatly appreciated. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8356
retract the bid on that crappy amplifier?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3634
SN ratio of 15db?? That should've been a big clue. $hitty product.
Do as GlassWolf stated. It's a time limited option. eBay won't let you retract bids if the auction has less than 24 hours left.

Columbia, MO

Post Number: 2
well $hit. you see I don't even know what that SN ratio meant. i've still got 3 days left on the auction for the amp. how about the sub? is that any good? any suggestions for other amps or sub combinations. just looking for some good bang for the buck without drowning out the music coming out of the factory system.
thanks again

Columbia, MO

Post Number: 3
well i guess I don't have to worry about that amp anymore because I was just now outbid! (singing praises!) So what to do with the Kicker? and if i get outbid should I let it be or keep it?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3636
Eric, if someone outbids you, then let it go. Chances are, the guy's selling it cause it has some hidden flaws. Unlike amps, I wouldn't buy used subs unless you know the guy. Lot of the times, a newbie abuses it and partially blows one of the VC and sells it cheap. Just not worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8360
is your CVR dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm?

Columbia, MO

Post Number: 4
well it doesn't matter now, i've just been outbid on the sub also.
Thanks guys for keeping me from buying a $hitty setup.
So what would you suggest for an impala? I'm not looking for anything that's gonna shake people's houses while I drive by, no dynomat or anything. I would like to stick to 1 sub if it'll bang hard enough. And i've heard the factory system and it doesn't do too bad, i might end up getting some new 3 way 6x9s but thats in the future. Right now i just want some good clean bass. What do you think?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us