Clipping

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 38
I was just wondering if someone could give some insite on how bad clipping is. I have two Infinity Perfect Kappa dvq's and my amp likes to clip. Will clipping damage these subs at all. I'm just curious what i can get away with.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 316
clipping will damage the subs - to extend or how, i dont know but i know its bad for ur subs..

Anonymous

clipping translates into DC current in in turn the voice coils of your subs will act as heating coils. It will literally burn them!!!

turn your gains down!!!

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 32
http://www.bcae1.com/2ltlpwr.htm

RobertJ
Unregistered guest
what is clipping

Norm Macdonald as Bob Dole
Unregistered guest
what was clipping

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 40
Basically clipping is when the top and bottom of a wave is cut off. Amps will do this when they cannot provide enough power for a hit. By the way I reset my gains, and the system is sounding alot better. Your right the gains were way to high. Now if fact i can even hit harder than what i would normally clip with before. I even have it so well tuned that If i even wanted to clip i would have to were ear plugs because the clipping point is so much higher. Thanks for the simple but good advise guys. I have asked this question before, but everyone told me that i need a cap, which when i add more to my system ill get, but for the meantime this is much eaiser, and cheaper.

Bronze Member
Username: Randy420

Post Number: 12
i dont know if my sub is clipping but..i have a 10' kenwood sub.(DB+) and when i put it loud i hear a high pich sound if i put my ear near the sub..could it be the power wire?..if not how could i put it loud without hear'n that damn noise?

if this will help,i'll put wut i have...

SUB:10" 1000WATTS
AMP:1000WATTS (digatil)
..and the power wire is 8 gaug..is that big enough?

Bronze Member
Username: Dyspros

Canada

Post Number: 15
try a 4ga wire its recommended systems drawing 800w-1200w
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us