Dual/Legacy!?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 216
Ok, I have been into car audio about a year now. Heard P3's with RF amp, a sony/alpine combo subs with sony amp, my sony/alpine/pioneer system, and several different kickers, alpines, pioneers, power acoustics and more. Today, my friend was installing a Legacy 2 channel amp and 2 12" Dual subs in a bandpass box. (He has hardly any money at all and bought them all used). Anyway, I was helping him install it all and we finally got to the part to test them... They actually sounded halfway decent for a $100 system and got fairly loud. Not saying their good, but for a starter system that won't last long... I MIGHT reccomend them! I don't know if i was dreaming or what but they sounded halfway comparable to decent subs. Flame away, I am just telling you my opinion of what i heard.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8315
if your experience had been mainly with sony, power craptastic, pyramid, dual, and the like, with occasional decent stuff like an alpine cd player thrown in, I'm not surprised that system would sound equal to past experiences.
that being said, when you get to hera a very good system some day, you'll see the differences pretty quickly. It's just one of those things where you can't really compare until you have a refrence to compare against. Just like not knowing what a fast car is really like till you've actually been in one. Till then, anything with a little pep to it may seem "quick" to you.

In a sense, a lot of things are only as good as what we have to compare them with, in the end.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8316
by the way that's not flaming. that's just an observation.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 48
hey ihave those subs....im poor too....not bad for what i paid, but of corse yes i have heard things a thousand times better

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 427
LOL! I made my friend a beleiver. He tried to tell me his Pyramid 1,000 milli-watt amp and two Pyramid "HyperPro" subs were as good as ONE of my Eclipse Ti's. He finally bought a Clarion 400 watt amp, and we hooked one up, it blew his subs out of the water. It was loud enough you couldn't see straight. That was just with 400 watts! He's now wanting to buy it and get a nicer/bigger amp :D. (Can't wait to get the whole thing installed...)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 518
better watch out with him..he might buy a 2000watt Legacy or Cuspid lol..also hes gotta get rid of those subs when you feed them things any more than 500watts im sure theyll blow up

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
Yea. I'm impressed with his Clarion. It may be only 400 watts, but it's a CLEAN 400 watts for it's price! He's gonna buy my Eclipse DA7232 (I hope) and get another sub (I sold him my "used" one), and I'll be getting the Zapco C2K9.0!!! I'm like a little kid at Christmas time right now!!!

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8398
I would be too if I was buying a $4000 amp :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
$4000?! I got it for $1,900...

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8410
still a fair chunk of money
guess I was thinking of the 4k not the 9.0x

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
Yea. I honestly wanted the 4k, but Bob talked me out of it... HEH! Too much power, I could run twice the subs I'll have. He told me to wait until I got to love the 9.0, then call him back! He was good to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us