Dumb amp power question???

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 51
Sorry if you guys have answered this before but I have a question about power spec.If an amp is rated at 2x150 @ 4ohms,2x300 @ 2ohms.and 1x600 @ 4ohms bridged.How much power would it produce to EACH sub if I have 2 4ohm svc subs wired at 2ohms.Basically what I'm asking how much power would it put out at 1x? @ 2ohms?

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 52
Sorry about the double post :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 22
you said 2x300 @ 2ohms. that means 300 per channel at 2 ohms. so if yer gunna sum those subs together to get a 2 ohm load goin, then each will get 150W. i'd opt for each sub to be on its own channel because yer gunna be gettin 150W anyways (at 4ohms per channel), and you won't have to do any extra (and unneccesary) wire work.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8302
you won't get a 2 ohm load from a pair of 4 ohm SVC subs on a 2 channel amplifier that's 2 ohm stereo stable.
If you bridge the amp, it'll only be stable to 4 ohms, and if you put one sub on each channel, you get a 4 ohm load stereo.
you need a mono amp for those two subs.

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 53
thanks again for the help I guess I was mostly unsure about if the amp would be stable at 2 ohms bridged and you guys cleared that up thanks again

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 290
There are 2CH amps that can be bridged at 2 ohms stable mono. But then again they are not going to be your cheapest solutions either.. a class D mono amp would be fine and better economically.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8312
if the amp was stable to 2 ohms bridged, it'd be stable to 1 ohm stereo.
dead giveaway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us