Alpine ??

Username: 2k5ef

Post Number: 5
Ok I have a CDA-9855 and 2 alpine SWS-1042 Type S's now im in the process of picking an amp. Right now im leaning on going with an alpine MRD-M605... The Type S are 300 rms and 900 peak... So i wired each sub + to + and - to minus and then attach the Sub 1's + to Sub's two + and Sub's 1 minus to Sub 2's Minus... Then they are at a 2 ohm load... Then i hook them up to the amp and they each 300 rms at 14.4v... Please correct me if im wrong... Question number 2... Alpine requires u to get an amplifier link to hook up to the head unit does anyone have one and is it worth getting... Thanks in advance im just trying to figure this out because im not exactly an audio guy... I can do anything with an engine but im worthless when it comes to audio wiring ect...

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 514
no dude thats a 1 ohm load.. your subs are 4 ohm models and can only be hooked up for a 4 or 1 ohm load and that amp isnt stable at 1 ohm so your fucked for that idea sad to say.. u have to get a 1 ohm stable amp or hook each up to there own amplifier.. all the amplifier link unit does is allows you to control functions such as the parametric eq,lpf and such on your amp from your head unit.. could be usefull if u like changin things on the go

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 34
You dont have to get an amplifier link unless you wanna adjust setting, or watch voltage and temp. from the deck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us