05 F-350 Supercab Need Components

Username: Birds_05_f350

Post Number: 1
Hello, i just picked up my truck last week and am already sick of the stock set up. In my previous vehicle i had installed subwoofers and never messed with the speakers "04 G35coupe, Bose". But now that i moved into a Truck, sound isnt as good. Im taking out the stock head unit and replacing it with a cd/dvd player "not sure witch one yet" and want to move into the component life. I need 5 1/4 for the fronts. What are some good suggestions with a matching amp?. I want to stay under 800 For the total price for speakers and amp. So far im looking at the Infinity Perfect 5.1. Give me some suggestions, Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 29
Sure it isnt 6x8?

Username: Birds_05_f350

Post Number: 2
yea 6x8 or 5x7, i dont know why i said 5 1/4. anyways, any help would be great, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 316
6x8's in the front? I'd look into an adapter from sounddomain.com to convert it to a 5.25" or 6.5"...oval speakers shouldn't be used in the front, especially larger ones because they distort more noticeably.

Bronze Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 36
Yeh Best buy carries adapters for like 6 bucks. If you do the adapters.Get Type R components in the fron and Type R 6.5's in the back.If No get component 5x7 Type R for the front and 5x7 in the back. On either one get the MFV-F345. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 58
Personaly i wasnt impressed with the type R's. If money isnt an issue then look into Focal. Their components (IMO) are awesome. IF you like Alpine tehn i would suggest Type S components with a Sub, but if you dont want a sub then the Type R's would be better. The MRV-F345 would be a good amp. But i also like Eclipse Amps.Hope this helps!

Eclipse Site:
http://www.eclipse-web.com/

Focal Site:
http://www.focal-fr.com/car/en/

Bronze Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 43
Why would you get a sub with the Type S and not the Type R's? Im wondering on this decision.

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 59
Well i would for both. But if he doesnt want a sub then go with the Type R's. If he does want a sub then id go with the type S's.

Bronze Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 49
Im wondering your theory though.Ok so yoyu would with both.Why not tell him to do a sub with both? Whats makes the decision of haveing a sub with type S and not Type R's? :-)

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 69
ok well...

"IF you like Alpine tehn i would suggest Type S components with a Sub, but if you dont want a sub then the Type R's would be better"

Now he never specified if he would get a sub or not. He jsut asked about components. Now drummer, you brought up type R's so i gave my opinion. The Type S's dont have as much bass as the Type R's did. Now if he was ONLY to install a component system then i would go with the Type R's (if you stay with Alpine). But if you want a sub, then I would go with the Type S. I think they have better SQ, but that could have been because of the systems and set ups that i have heard the Type R's with. SO all-in-all, he can get both with a sub, but if no sub, then the Type R's are far superior to the Type S's b/c of its ability to creat more bass.

and...

"Why not tell him to do a sub with both?"

Well im sure he knows he can do a Sub with both so i didnt have to mention that. and i only stated that if he doent get a sub then he should get the Type R's. (over the Type S's)

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 70
Hope that clears it up...sorry for the confusion. And Eric, I would highly recommend a sub with any system. no matter what component system you get. (and lets not make that comment into a "well if you got this set-up then you wouldnt need a sub argument".:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us