3 shiva 12's

Anonymous

in roughly 2 months im buyin 3 12 inch shivas goin in a custom box split in 3 chambers each with about 1.25 cu. ft a piece with 12oz of polyfill in each chamber... goin in an F-150 reg cab and wanted to have an idea of what to expect of the set up...loud accurate bass??sloppy?good db? jbl bp1200.1 amp to run 2 of them and a kenwood 600 watt amp to run the middle sub

loud and low
Unregistered guest
firstly i commend you. the 3 shivas will be incredible. Your sound quality will be amazing. DB wise one guy with 4 in a 1.25 ft3 box each was hitting 153. so you should have bout 150 or 151. nice and loud. the jbl amp is good but i would seriously think of upgrading the kenwood a much worse amp. otherwise your good to go. have fun

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 317
ill go with him on the amp upgrade part
another bp1200.1 on the single shiva would give it 600w rms like the others and you should be great soundwise

Anonymous

thanks for all the input,it reassures my confidence and ya i was thikning about replacing the kenwood its an older amp from my first system...anyways this summer when i get the subs adn new alpine HU i'll repost and let you know how it went

Unregistered guest
does anyone know anything about power acoustik FUBR subwoofers? if so how many DB's will 2 12's give me in a mid sized ext cab truck ? thanks

loud and low
Unregistered guest
roger try not hijacking other treads make your own if you want to talk about or crappy FUBR subs. and to answere your question if your lucky 90

roger
Unregistered guest
so what subs and amps would i need to reach 200 db's ?

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 31
Not sure if you were joking or not - but you'll never sniff 200dB's.

Actually, I don't think 200dB is even possible given the pyisical properties of air. I believe upper 170's is the current world record. Anything above about 150dB's is not something you'd want to listen to on a regular basis unless you're perfectly fine with losing your hearing.

150 is not easy to do.

150dB systems are a lot like 13 second cars. People talk about them like they're a dime a dozen, but in reality it takes a lot of money and/or know how to have either one.

roger
Unregistered guest
whats better a 12 inch cerwin vega stroker or a 13 JL W7 ?

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
A Cerwin Vega Stroker is strictly made for competition, it's not a daily use sub. If you want the best of both worlds SPL and SQ go with the 13 JL W7 in a ported box with a JL 1000/1 amp you won't be disappointed.

Ben Chang
Unregistered guest
Roger if you want an even better set up you might consider 1 Image Dynamics IDMAX 12 it cost $500 less than the 13 JL W7 and it is 1000 watts RMS too.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 347
yea true hehe but it wont hit as high SPL

but if you want almost exact equal SPL/SQ in a sub bigger than 12 inch get the Elemental design e15a.22

15" sub, runs 300-1000w rms in a sealed box or 2.2 cubic foot vented tuned to 28 Hz and hits SPL levels in excess of 140 dB in the vented box

excellent sub and its only $315

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
may be hard to get one though.. aren't all the a series out of stock on back order?..

roger
Unregistered guest
thanks for the info I think I will go with the IDMAX 12
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us