Orion WIRED MBR 70 Battery Regulator up for sale ! ! !

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1623
If you are looking at this then im sure you all know what its all about. This is as rare as it gets to find online. Must have for anyone that has a high current system with more then 1 battery. Its used but in good condition and works perfect.

Here is a picture of it.

Only $150.00 plus shipping.Upload

If you have any questions let me know or even ask Isaac about this piece.

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 67
what does it do?
I might need it

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 143
Its a Multiple Battery Regulator its awesome if you need more juice. Here is the PDF on it for info. http://www.orioncaraudio.com/alley/pdfs/mbr70.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8294
it's an advanced version of a battery isolator.
it allows you to run up to two dedicated batteries for the audio system while keeping the starter battery isolated from drainage by the stereo.
I use one in my car. They retailed for about $500 new.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3620
Unlike isolators, you don't have to cut into your electrical system. Quite easy to install and use.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1632
Since im upgrading to a 200 Amp HO alternater i dont see why i whould need this. I dont listen to my system with the car off. Dont see why i whould need this. That is why im selling it. Only thing i may use is a batcap 800 with my 2 amps that i have now. The batcap wired directly to the crossfire vr1000d acting like a backup cap/battery or nothing at all.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1430
I don't understand this statement:

Enables the stereo system to draw off all batteries when the engine is running

How is that possible if your alternator is providing all your vehicle's electrical needs when the engine is running? At anything above 12.5 V the batteries are in a "charge" state and don't provide energy. They sink it. Don't make sense unless they mean when your alternator can't keep up(provide 12.5+ V) and if thats happening a lot I see many dead alternators in your future.

Maybe you could explain this one Glass.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8322
well, batteries are in parallel with the alternator but the MBR70 works like anisolator except that it has priority charging for the starter battery, then switches to the audio isolated batteries when the starter battery is fully charged. that's all really.
the manual pretty much explains it

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1431
So I guess all it really does is charge your starting battery first and makes sure you don't kill it when the engine's off.

Still, thats a pretty useful deal.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8334
very useful if you run the audio system with the engine off.. which is what it's for. that way you can have two big batteries in the trunk for the audio system, and they never draw off the starter battery, so you can start your car later... even if ya run the stereo into the ground. When you do start up the car, the starter battery is recharged before the stereo system batteries to ensure your car will run, more importantly than the stereo system.
I use mine in keeping with my old school orion theme, and to isolate two yellow tops for the stereo.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1642
I will also include a 1 Farad used Rockford Fosgate Capacitor. Im asking for $175 plus shipping total. Anyone interested let me know soon. $150.00 without the cap plus shipping.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8372
the cap will make a nice filter :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us