Kicker KX 800.4 Amp help

Username: Dhouser

Post Number: 1
It's been a while since Installed a system in my car and I need a few tips regarding the install of my system

Right now I have a:

kenwood mp5028 head unit. Its a 50x4 (22x4 rms i think)

kicker KX800.4 4 channel amp

2 pioneer 6x9's (rear)

2 sony 4x6's (front)

2 10" sony p5 series subs (330 W rms) 4 ohm

I'm sure I'll eventually get some tweeters in there somewhere but as of now I have the following questions

How would you hook this system up? would you get another amp to run the components? if you ran everything off of the kicker, is it OK that the front RCA wires coming out of the headunit are sending the signal to the rear 6x9s? Can i split the rear RCA wires coming out of the headunit into two sets so that i have 2 rear RCA signals going into my amp as opposed to 1 front and 1 rear both running rear speakers?

Tell me what you would do, then explain how to do it please. i want to make sure I get the max power i can to the subs in 4 ohms while also getting power to my rear 6x9's

thanks for your help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8261
I'd use the kicker amp to drive the front and rear speakers, and get a ono class D amp to drive the subs. that way when the bass hits, you're not using the same amp to drive the subs and components, so you won't get the effect of teh components washing out when there's a lot of bass, as can happen using one amp for both.

if you want tweeters, leave the 6x9s in back, and ditch the sony 4x6s. replace the front stage with a good set of 6.5" separates that give you a midrange and tweeter for each door.

that'd be a nice system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us