Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Headutter

Post Number: 32
Thank you all for your help with selecting an amp sub combo. Everyone has an opinion and don't always agree, but still appreciated. That's why they make vanilla and chocolate.
I tried ebay, as was suggested. I found a guy selling an almost new jl 1000.1, and other components for a complete system with no subs. He advertised on ebay to email him before you bid or he would not accept the bid. He wanted money quick and ouside of ebay. First he said the items were 2 months old , had been installed and removed professionally, then he said in the email they were new in the box. What was more odd was 2 days have gone by and the time left is the same. sounded like a scam to me, but looked real.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3606
You should report that to eBay. They will investigate and if it's a fraud, suspend his account.
Don't let crooks get away.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8264
I refuse to pay for anything from ebay unless its with paypal and a credit card.
gives me recourse if I get scammed.
the only exception is if I pick up the product in person and pay after I inspect what I'm getting.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3613
GlassWolf, even paypal doesn't always work. I got scammed twice. Luckly I used credit card payment on the 2nd one. It seems if the guy doesn't have the money on his paypay account, they won't reverse it. They asked me to fax tons of paper, and then mail the originals. 8 months later, still no money.
The credit card payment got reversed instantly by my bank. They don't waste time, unlike paypal.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8277
like I said.. paypal via credit card :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us