What is the best way to hook up an MA Audio 18"

Mike Hockertz
Unregistered guest
I have a Pyramid 800w 4-channel amp (PB448) and a MA Audio 18" sub. The sub has dual voice coil with two speaker inputs. What would be the best way to wire this? And does sub position really make a difference in the trunk (it's a sedan)?

Thanks

Username: Memphisaudio

Suisun City, California USA

Post Number: 8
the best way to hook up the sub is with a Class D amp and Memphis Car Audio has the sweetest Class D amp out on the market right now. But to answer your question you should run the wires from the amp to one of the inputs and then run another set of wires to the other inputs. This is parrallel wiring or series. The answer to your other question about sub positioning if you are listening to hip-hop/rap you want to have the sub firring into the trunk because it makes the bass sound louder. But if you are listening to rock, country, etc. and you don't really care if it sounds a little louder then you want the sub facing the back of the seat.

Mike Hockertz
Unregistered guest
thanks for the reply. facing it towards the back did make it louder, and i got one more thing. the deck only has one set of pre-outs so i got them going into the rear on the amp. therefore the front two channels don't produce any sound, and when i hook up two rear channels to the two separate inputs, the sound quits. so i have the two wires spliced together bridged off the rear channels. is this what you meant, or should i have the inputs from the deck go to front and rear, and then use the front and rear channels?

Post Number: 9
Try using the front and rear channels

Post Number: 10
Or if you have the $$$ I would recommend that you go out and buy a head unit that has three 2-4V preouts and the Memphis 5 channel amp called the Memphis Belle. You can go to the company web site at www.memphiscaraudio.com if you want to see what this amp looks like. But it is rather expensive. Sugg. Retail: $1100.00.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Or if you have the $$$ I would recommend that you go out and buy a head unit that has three 2-4V preouts and the Memphis 5 channel amp called the Memphis Belle. You can go to the company web site at www.memphiscaraudio.com if you want to see what this amp looks like. But it is rather expensive. Sugg. Retail: $1100.00.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us