Are these subs any good.

Username: Soltex

Post Number: 1
Ok, Theses subs retail for about 80 bucks a piece. I found a guy that is selling a pairfor 100 bucks with a FREE BOX. I will using them with VOLFENHAG ZX-8400 2 CHANNEL 2000 WATT BRIDGEABLE AMPLIFIER.

they are Power Acoustik FUBR-12 12
Tell me what ya think
Again they are new and never used.

Upload
Upload
Upload

GumboShrimp
Unregistered guest
See where on the model # it says FUBR that means Fuked Up Beyond Recognition they are crap stay away waste of money.

GumboShrimp
Unregistered guest
J/K I woulnt, save your money buy something better seriously they are a waste.

Post Number: 2
really they are that bad.

Post Number: 3
Would these be better the FUBR'sUpload

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 408
of the two, go w/the fubr. just don't overpower them. if i am not mistaken, that is the same company that now makes soundstream. not the best quality. might start falling apart after continued abuse like the mofos have been reported to do. but for 100.00's, i think they are a good buy until you can afford what you really want.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 409
and for the record, i don't think that you can spend under 300.00 for two quality subs. just to give you a rounded number to look forward to.

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 58
mike are u serious-- u can find great subs for under 300$$ maybe not like re/dd/jl but most of these people dont need that-- labor and a small wallet can get ur what u want and if ur persistant enough u can easily get what u want on a small budget--

dont buy those susb. u keep asking us all what to buy but u keep pushing us these things we tell u will break

will u complain once u buy them an dthey break??
buy something better for 100$- maybe one sub.. and build a box

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 410
i agree legacy, that one good sub would be a better alternative. I was speaking w/regards to the two subs that he posted. but w/all due respect, i don't think he will be building a box, and one GOOD sub is still going to run 50%more than those two.
but i most certainly maintain that you can't get two subs w/adequate performance under 300.00. in fact, if you can find "great" subs for that price, i would be humbly glad to hear about them. i'm curious which great ones you had in mind, actually.
and re, jl, dd.. i was thinking more dayton mkIII, and ascendant atlases for 300/pr.

Post Number: 4
So the fubars are better than Volfenhag. I dont wana break my wallet. Just a 150 Dollar amp 2 subs and a good deck. I think i will buy the Fubars and see how they are.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 411
b sure to let us know

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5788341583&category=18803 &ssPageName=WD1V%26 how about 2 of these for 229.80 shipped.

Post Number: 5
I am gona try fubars, hey 100 bucks cant go wrong.

1800+1800+ watts with a free box. PLus he lives like 5 minutes away from my house.

Gona buy this amp of ebay and will be good to

go.Upload

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 414
your subs are 700 rms/sub. that amp is 300rmsx2@ 2ohms.
just be aware.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 415
not to mention, i have heard nothing but bad news from anything volvenblahblah has to offer. unfortunately, i don't have much experience w/car audio in that price range.

Post Number: 6
oh damm., hmm than what amp do you prefer Mike. A cheap one.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 419
relatively speaking, that is a cheap one (no disrespect). there are a number of amps i prefer, but they are unfortunately going to run in the 200.00 range. i would look into audiobahn, mtx and a few others on ebay.
trust, you don't want to push subs of any kind w/a wack amp. it will just piss you off.

Post Number: 7
I am Thinking about a MTX or a kenwood amp. Any you prefer.

Bronze Member
Username: Hardhittinbass

Pittsburgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 37
i say go wit the 2 12 volfenhags 2 for 100bucks + shippen i got 2 of them an they pound 4 that cheap id say the 2 volfenhags

bigyellowtaxi
Unregistered guest
you could get an audiobahn 800t or 8002t they run about 140 to 190 the cheapest one i've seen was $130

Username: Jenna2

Fairbanks, AK USA

Post Number: 8
Dearest INam;

If you want cheap yet way decent subs, get something like one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5789366994&category=48613 %26

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5790338663&category=32823 %26

Look into a used Fosgate or Audiobahn 1200w 2-channel amp (or something with a similar price/reliability ratio) and you're all set.

I had a 10" version (and basically same box) in my car and they were LOUD, until they were stolen. =)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8251
better yet avoid audiobahn altogether.
poor sound quality and cheap construction combine to make pretty lousy gear at any price

Post Number: 8
Screw it, gona buy the Poweracustics ones. Can go wrong with 100 bucks/

Bronze Member
Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 20
If you already bought those subs and that amp too bad but I guess they should match togeather because let me tell you those Subs are not 700rms.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 592
Hey justin, in regards to your post about having to spend 300 dollars for an adequate setup, what about the fact that you can get 2 RE12's for only 154 dollars shipped??? For a lot of people that would be more then adequate.

Silver Member

Post Number: 593
What i mean to say is, most people around me are just using a couple RF Punch 2's and are completely satisfied. Most people do not spend 300 bucks on a sub or subs for their setup. On this forum it is a different story though, i spend over 2000 on my system at first and i would imagine that alot of poeple spent way more then i did on their system.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 479
i feel you chris, but you also bought 4 of those subs. the quantity being as such, that is indeed adequate (and costed more than 300 bones). if two were adequate, i'm sure you would have settled for just 2. i speak in terms of sql, always. imo, it just doesn't make sense to settle for anything less. i was in highschool once and i recall my bostwicks, pyles, kickers, and cv's. looking back, i would have loved to have the internet subs of today. i would have saved before spending.
nonetheless, "adequate" is indeed subjective. but since we are speaking about "2 good" subs, i have to presume that is in relation to the subs that are less good than others 9as opposed to 2 good sq subs or 2 good spl subs). so, i will specify for the original poster (and maintain), you will be hard pressed to find two quality sql subs for under 300.00. just to clarify.

Silver Member

Post Number: 596
I dont go for adequate, i go all out man. I will prob get more of them later on down the road though too. If i were you i wouldnt use the word quality because it is subjective. There are alot of quality subs under that price, just not a whole lot of high end ones.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 480
quality is not as subjective as it is relative. for example two idq, w3, rl-i, shiva, se, atlas, or aluminums are not highend subs. they are good sq subs w/decent output and each run around 150.00.
their high end couterparts-id max, w6/7, rl-p, brahma/tumult, sx/xxx, avalanche, Titaniums-run at least twice as much.
true, i demand considerably more from my subs than some others. in fact, it is in the high end area. thus, i suggest "quality" subs and not "high end" subs because, all installs being equal, having heard the difference i don't think it's worth buying anything less than a quality "midlevel" (if you will) sub. anything lower would be arguably considered a lower rung sub and the performance of said subs will reflect their price/vice-versa.
i don't know. call it expensive taste in subs, lol. if i didn't have experience w/the ones i suggest, then the lower rung subs would probably do me nicely. that's why it was once said "don't listen to the dynaudios if you can't afford them. because once you do, you won't want anything less." the same goes for subs.
perhaps i should have used "respectable" instead of "quality."

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
I just checked you seteup out. it looks like we got the same tast in comps, alothough i have the 2 way and you got the 3 way. A long time ago i wanted the brahmas as well but i didnt want to have to upgrade elecrical and whatnot. I then chose a Nakamichi HU and zapco reference amps. From the looks of it, me and you choose "high end"

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 482
yeah. i said liked your system when i first saw it. especially the zapco's. i was going to get the 500.1 and the 1100.1, but just plain out couldn't afford them.
of course, you ualready know how much a fan i am of those TDX's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3612
Like Mike has been saying its a complete waste of money to by a pair of cheap $100 subs off of ebay because they are cheap. You might as well drive down to your local ghetto and give a homeless guy the $100 at least it he might get a good buzz out of it! you are only gonna upgrade after you realize how insignificant the sound is compared to 1 decent sub. In electronics you get what you pay for unless you find some incredible deal which usually turn out to be to good to be true and someone gets ripped off. Again like MikeChec said you can find decent subs such as IDQ,RE SX,Atlas,Koda, something along those lines but if you want to step it up and really get the deep bass with nice transient response it is gonna cost almost double to step up to the REXXX,Avalanche,Brahma,ID max, you get what we are trying to say?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 426
You guys had any experience with the Zapco C2K9.0? I have one coming to the shop here locally, just wondering what to expect...

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 514
you'll get every bit of your 2200 watts out of it. one of the few amps bridgable at 2ohms. besides this though, i just don't know how you guys market the comp line when the reference line is made so well (again, besides stability at 1ohm and 2ohm bridged). 2000 bucks is pricy where i'm from.

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
Pricey for what though? LOL!

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1312
i read the first half of this thread and got aggrivated...

he doesnt have alot of money to spend, not everyone can have super high budget systems.

My system only cost me 600 bucks all together...amp, sub and deck. Just because i didnt spend 2 grand doesnt mean anything, not everyone has access to mommy and daddies bank accounts.

If you want an honest oppinion of somebodys who's looked around.

If your dead set on getting 2 subs. Look at the new Cerwin Vega Vmaxs.

As for an amp, look at an MTX, you can easily find one for a damn good price that will properly run those subs...

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 520
"of the two, go w/the fubr. just don't overpower them. if i am not mistaken, that is the same company that now makes soundstream. not the best quality. might start falling apart after continued abuse like the mofos have been reported to do. but for 100.00's, i think they are a good buy until you can afford what you really want."

PERIOD

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
Look at Audiobaun too. They look cool, and they say they have a lot of power... Personally I'd go for MTX, it's all opinion. And Jeff: my parents hardly ever gave me anything. And they died when I was 17 and I raised my little sister since she was 6. Don't pull that kinda bullshit on me. I work hard for every dime.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 129
Hey, here's my Power Acoustic experience:
I bought 2 subs on ebay (10" fubr's) for just under 90 bucks (shipped and everything). Right?
So, I hook one up in a sealed enclosure to my Digital Audio 900 watt mono class D amp...
BLEW IT!!! Straight up burnt that little phukr!!
Ok... no big deal, I still have another one, right? So I take it back from my brother, hook it up, lower the gain on my amp a tad, make sure to keep my HU volume considerably low, and...
".........."! One day the freaking lead wire actually freaking rips!!! I mean, come on! Seriously, it has great SPL, from what I've experienced. But listen, man, from a human being to another: YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF LOOKING AROUND FOR ANOTHER 2-7 DAYS UNTIL YOU FIND A DIFFERENT GOOD DEAL WITH A DIFFERENT SUB! Please listen, man. I never get to give good, accurate advise on this forum, because the FUBR's are the only thing I have experience with!!! But for you, my friend, accurate, precise, and knowledgeable advise RIGHT HERE!!! If feels crappy when you spend money on something, it phuks up, then you end up with nothing. Your better off not even tasting it, cuz then it REALLY sucks when it's RIPPED away, you know?
Just look at something else, please. I really want to help you, dude.
So, that's my advise.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 564
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
mikechec9:
think he'll listen?
(even though I sound like a, well, anyway, think he'll listen?)
lol
It's not bunk advise... is it?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 566
not at all. not experienced w/them like you are. but, as i said initially, they have a bad rep.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
mikechec9:
sent you prvt message. get it?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 568
no. how do i check those? when i go to recent messages, it wants to show me every post i have made

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
I have no idea... phuk it my aol screenname is apa1upchuck, but if you try to IM me, and my girlfriend, Kathy, is on... she probably won't accept it. But, don't worry, it just means I'm not around - cuz if I am... I'll accept your IM and IM you back!!!!!!! I swear!

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 571
how about email?
mine is in my profile. hit me up

Bronze Member
Username: Jmmcool

Manistee, MI United States

Post Number: 42
Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D $142 Shipped eBay new. i have one. i Hit 141 dB SPL in a 2cu ft ported Box. Made more for SQ, But i hit 141 so cant go wrong either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us