NEW AMP WORKS....but still a couppla questions

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 52
Ok about a month ago I had no idea how to wire anything...by reading these forums I was able to instal my own headunit, amp, and sub...so thanks to everyone that helped me. Anyways I still have a few questions

1. I ran the power cable for the amp through a spot in the firewall that allready had wires going through it....these wires were surrrounded by this really thick rubbery stuff...is that safe??

2. My battery's negative ring slides on and off with minimal force...it stays this way no matter how much I tighten the screw on the clamp...seeing as how I just paied $8 for a new one of those ring clamps....it better not be broken...or come off while im driving (but if I went over a bump big enough to shake it loose...id have a bigger problem on my hands)

3. WHat will produce more bass....a lot of gain and a little bass boost.....a little less gain and a lot more bass boost...or balanced

4. The frequency on my amp goes from 32 to 320...should I have it all the way down?

5. I built my own box and when the sub first started hitting...I could smell the glue that I used to hold the box together...and I also heard a small hiss....could my box have a hole in it (Its heald together with industrial construction adheasive and i did my best to seal it with silicon.

SPECS
HEAD UNIT: CLARION
AMP: Infinity 7520a
SUB: Infinity 1030w

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 190
For #1, just be sure you fuse your power wire in the event something would go wrong, but that is usally the case, wires going through that grommet!

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 191
For #2, that is not good, replace that clamp!!!

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 628
Leave the bass boost off, and only turn the gain up enough to match your head units pre out. Set your filter at or around 60.

Did the glue completely dry before you put your sub in? The fumes from the glue have been knwon to eat through the foam surround of subs.

If you set your sub and amp to those marks it should be fine, but the gain is not a volume knob, and the bass boost is not a good idea either.If you need more power, buy more equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 629
Is your box sealed or ported? If its ported, then set your filter according to that number, if not, 50-60 would be good.

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 57
The glue did dry for 24 hours before I installed the sub....and it has a rubber surround..not foam...I set the FQ to about 55 and got the gain up as much as it could go...then I adjusted the boost just a little bit, and it made a big diffrence...I drove about 70 miles today and nothing happened with the battery..thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us